Troj won't let programs open regedit included - how do I proceed?

Posted 9/21/2004 10:14 AM

Jake Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 5
I have AVG resident sheild - found 12 trojans -all variants of Troj Horse proxy.x.etc and healed them, but can't heal or remove Troj Horse Proxy.5.F I also believe I have I-Worm/klez.h. The trojan is preventing me from opening any programs including regedit. I have been able to open AVG to run a scan by right clicking and clicking on 'Run As' this somehow gets around the virus and opens - I havn't be able to open any other program. How do I get rid of this if I can't go into regedit? Is there an online removal tool that can dispatch this critter without downloading an executable file? Anything I download will not open as well... cheers, Jake
Posted 9/21/2004 10:35 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 9/21/2004 4:00 PM

Jake Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thanks for the tip - I ran the scan and it found Troj Agnet.BA but didn't remove it. It says that I should download the program PCilln? I can't download anything cuz it will not open... Do you have any other ideas... Jake
Posted 9/21/2004 4:15 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
It is really a bad one, you´ve got there :smhair:

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojagentba.html

Try fix it manual.

!it will not open"....what will not open?

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

[/color]

Posted 9/21/2004 4:22 PM

Jake Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Any program I try to open, an error message pops up that says 'Windows cannont find "name of the program trying to open" Make sure you typed in the name correctly, etc.' So I cannot open regedit, cmd prompt, etc, I cannot open any program. I can surf the net and run asps but anything that says download or run from disk is unavailable. I tried in safe mode and have the same problem. So, it seems that all remedies are not working for me... Jake
Posted 9/21/2004 4:47 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I don´t like to say it, but i am pretty sure, someone has hacked your computer.

This is from Sophos link:
Troj/Agent-BA is a backdoor Trojan for the Windows platform.
Troj/Agent-BA functions as a proxy server, allowing a malicious user to redirect internet traffic through the infected computer. !!

Disconnect to the net, and see if you can open programs now, or maybe do a system restore

[/color]

Posted 9/22/2004 4:53 PM

Jake Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Okay, I managed to open regedit by searching for the file name (still works) and then copying it to the desktop then I can right click and open with 'run as' - i figured out most programs can be opened this way... Now that I can get to regedit - is there anything I can do? :rolleyes:
Posted 9/22/2004 4:59 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
If you can download and run this scanner: http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp
do it.

Are you running XP. or?

[/color]

Posted 9/22/2004 5:18 PM

Jake Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
yes xp home - thanks
Posted 3/26/2011 3:13 AM

Bobford Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
The fact that you could right click and run as to start programs was golden info for me. I had the same problem on a friend's computer and through a combination of Glary Utilities and Malware Bytes was able to repair the system. Thank You for the insight guys!
Posted 3/28/2011 7:28 AM

kmiranda09 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
If you still experience the same problem, you better try other antivirus software to remove trojan.
Posted 5/7/2011 2:24 PM

as_the_maniax Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
I used to clean (infiltrate) any malware (virus,trojan, etc) with ESS Rescue CD (http://go-thip.com/2011/04/29/eset-rescue-cddvd.html), or, if it still cannot clean the malware, I use mini XP from Hiren's (http://go-thip.com/2011/04/29/hirens-boot-cd.html). Just try it :D, nothing to lose..

regard
Posted 2/1/2012 5:52 AM

natsuto Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
My friend's computer the same problem, and Glary utilities and malicious by a combination of bytes to repair the system.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 4:32 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,305 posts in 13,482 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,066 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, tinytim4.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.