Limited time offer:

Days

/

Hrs

/

Min

/

Sec

What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?

Posted 11/12/2004 2:34 AM

Chris20 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 9
I've just realised recently how many programs there are that offer anti-virus / spyware and firewall protection. <br/> <br/> <br/>For Windows XP Home Edition on SP2 what would you say are the best programs to have? <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Chris
Posted 6/23/2008 3:21 AM

adzmerch Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
try avast antivirus its virus and spyware prevention and removal software and its free <br/>on download.com along with hundreds of other great programs :-)
Posted 7/1/2008 8:43 PM

Becks287 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 8
Any other thoughts on this? <br/> <br/>I currently use McAfee but am considering switching to AVG when the subscription ends. <br/> <br/>Is this a good move?
Posted 12/12/2008 11:32 AM

Beryle Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 4
I had avast antivirus but uninstalled it (had it for approximately 3 - 4 years) because it kept on prompting me to reboot even after just logging on to the internet. Their latest version is 4.8. I got sick of the popup messages so I went looking for another antivirus program which is just as good as avast. I did a search on the internet and I came across Comodo antivirus and it's free. It also has Comodo Internet Security (which is also free) and I also use Comodo Antispam which I would recommend to anybody looking for such a program. I don't have any spyware removal software as yet, so can anybody recommend a good one? I am very security conscious.
Posted 6/23/2009 9:15 AM

john007 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
I am using Avast and it is good. But as I am not an expert I can't suggest you anything surely. I think you should consult an expert who can suggest you the right thing you need. If you find it difficult you may visit "link removed" (Fraud, scam, phishing site) for help. The staffs out there helped me a lot while my computer was infected with viruses and the hard disc was crashed. They are skilled enough to solve any kind of tricky problem related to computer. I think they will be able to able to guide you properly and help you to install the best antivirus in your pc if you get in touch with them.
Posted 6/23/2009 7:21 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 261
I have subscribed to Bullguard for about two years - I have found it to be user friendly with regular updates and good online support. Included is Bullguard Backup - easy to use. <br/> <br/>The Antivirus Forum is also useful and can answer many questions. <br/> <br/>Altogether, a good Antivirus product. <br/> <br/>p.s. I do NOT work for Bullguard!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, December 4, 2016, 3:23 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 4 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.