Help! I Want to Change The User - Selling computer!!

Posted 1/23/2013 11:46 PM

HCSCarrick Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 4
Hi,

I am selling my laptop.

I want to create a new user, for the person that I am selling too and install the 2 months free option.

I have uninstaller and reinstalled Bullguard but it remembers the detail, somewhere in the registry, I assume.

How can I create a new user, without having to reformat the hard drive Please?

Thanks,Sam. :p
Posted 1/24/2013 7:50 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 262
Since no one has yet answered your question I would suggest you email: mail@bullguard.com.
Posted 1/24/2013 9:59 PM

Advanced member

Dickens is right. You need to contact Support either by Live Chat or e-mail and let them know about this. Give them your old username and they will help further.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 1/24/2013 10:17 PM

HCSCarrick Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thank You for the replies!

Sadly, I have done both without success.

Andreea,

I tried last night whe you were on the live chat - I got a connection but it continually timed out and said, 'attempting to reconnect'...it never did!

I then sent an email to support@bullguard.com - I am still waiting for a reply!! :jumpin:

I can understand 'someone' might think I am trying to get another 2 months free - but - if you check out my website ( samskelly.com), you will see that I run a small computer repair company as a hobby.

I actively PROMOTE Bullguard, by installing it on every computer that I repair - I then ensure that they buy a years licence from a reputable reseller.

I DONT want to have to format this computer, when I sell it on - I simply want to give the customer ( friend) a 2 months Bullguard trial and THEN they will come back to buy the Years subscription.

Hope this message gets noticed, my attempts at contacting Bullguard dont seem to be! :yeah:

Thanks Guys,

Sam.
Posted 1/27/2013 9:34 AM

HCSCarrick Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello Folks,

Anyone prepared to assist me with this please?

Everyone knows that either a system reformat or an image restore 'without' bullguard, will give me the same result - however, as a loyal Bullguard customer and supporter, I'm not going to do something that 'shoots myself in the foot' :tongue:

I am assuming that the detail is in a hidden registry file, so can I simply find it and delete it?

I would appreciate even a pm to say, 'you wont get this type of information Sam :nono: ' then, I can stop asking!

Thank you for reading,

Sam
Posted 2/1/2013 12:23 AM

Advanced member

You should not reformat your computer. A supporter will help you and create the account for you.

If you do not receive a reply, which is unusual, just PM me with the e-mail you want the account to be under and I will create it for you.

Cheers.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 2/1/2013 7:32 AM

HCSCarrick Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thank You Andreea :turn:

Ill do that when I get my next new person a computer or make a repair.

Sam. :lol:
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, February 20, 2017, 2:39 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,161 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,996 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Joannie Tee.
There are currently no users on-line.