The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/14/BullGuard-Firewall-and-Windows_94934.html
Posted By : onlytill2016 - 1/2/2013 11:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm just trying out the free 90 day trial BullGuard has to offer. I have BullGuard Internet Security installed. I do have a concern. When installing BullGuard, it asked me to turn off Windows Defender so I complied. It didn't ask me anything about the Windows Firewall so I thought that maybe it would turn it off automatically when I restarted (the program told me to restart to activate firewall). When I booted into Windows, I went to the Security Center and everything seems fine, but that the BullGuard Firewall and the Windows Firewall are both on. I don't know if this is supposed to happen? Having 2 firewall can cause conflicts, so should I turn off the Windows Firewall, or does the BullGuard Firewall enhance the Windows Firewall like Trend Micro and needs it there? Please reply soon, thanks so much!

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 1/4/2013 6:30 AM
If you have a look in the Security Center (Action Center), you will notice that under the Firewall section there is a note that says: Two or more firewalls running at the same time can cause conflicts with each other.

Turn off Windows Firewall while you run BullGuard and vice-versa.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Posted By : techadam - 3/16/2013 3:21 PM
Hi,

You have to close window firewall because if you run more than two or more firewalls it will create error.

Posted By : Dickens - 3/16/2013 7:49 PM
Yes, that's what the Forum Moderator wrote.

Posted By : aadi95 - 5/21/2013 8:24 AM
I think you should use only one firewall and turn off the windows firewall of your computer, this would avoid conflicts and your PC would be safe.

baby scrapbook
samsung company
facebook

-->