The original version of this page can be found at :
Posted By : onlytill2016 - 1/2/2013 11:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm just trying out the free 90 day trial BullGuard has to offer. I have BullGuard Internet Security installed. I do have a concern. When installing BullGuard, it asked me to turn off Windows Defender so I complied. It didn't ask me anything about the Windows Firewall so I thought that maybe it would turn it off automatically when I restarted (the program told me to restart to activate firewall). When I booted into Windows, I went to the Security Center and everything seems fine, but that the BullGuard Firewall and the Windows Firewall are both on. I don't know if this is supposed to happen? Having 2 firewall can cause conflicts, so should I turn off the Windows Firewall, or does the BullGuard Firewall enhance the Windows Firewall like Trend Micro and needs it there? Please reply soon, thanks so much!

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 1/4/2013 6:30 AM
If you have a look in the Security Center (Action Center), you will notice that under the Firewall section there is a note that says: Two or more firewalls running at the same time can cause conflicts with each other.

Turn off Windows Firewall while you run BullGuard and vice-versa.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Posted By : techadam - 3/16/2013 3:21 PM

You have to close window firewall because if you run more than two or more firewalls it will create error.

Posted By : Dickens - 3/16/2013 7:49 PM
Yes, that's what the Forum Moderator wrote.

Posted By : aadi95 - 5/21/2013 8:24 AM
I think you should use only one firewall and turn off the windows firewall of your computer, this would avoid conflicts and your PC would be safe.

baby scrapbook
samsung company