The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/14/How-do-I-get-rid-of-99-trojans_96296.html
Posted By : BCat283 - 12/12/2013 9:47 PM
My computer is not allowing me access to my Hotmail account. When calling customer support I am told that the Hotmail account has been hacked and I have 99 Trojans trying to attack my computer. Is there a way to get rid of them without paying $400?

Posted By : rozermartin - 12/16/2013 12:34 PM
Well if you can get into your account through security questions, then reset your password.

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 12/22/2013 5:11 PM
I do not know who you called, but it doesn't sound like Hotmail. Are you positive that you have called the correct number and not a scam of some sort?

Anyway, set up an e-mail client, such as Thunderbird, Incredimail, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook or Outlook express (in either one of these programs, the setting up of your Hotmail account should only take a few clicks). Then let BullGuard scan and clean your e-mails. Simple and convenient.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Posted By : rozermartin - 12/24/2013 3:11 PM
Right I agree.... Seems it's some third party vendor that's into stealing some big bucks from your pockets.

Posted By : Carlsen - 1/15/2014 7:49 PM
Andreea-Luciana Ostache said...
I do not know who you called, but it doesn't sound like Hotmail. Are you positive that you have called the correct number and not a scam of some sort?

Anyway, set up an e-mail client, such as Thunderbird, Incredimail, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook or Outlook express (in either one of these programs, the setting up of your Hotmail account should only take a few clicks). Then let BullGuard scan and clean your e-mails. Simple and convenient.

Cheers!

Posted By : Carlsen - 1/15/2014 7:50 PM
rozermartin said...
Well if you can get into your account through security questions, then reset your password.

Posted By : Carlsen - 1/15/2014 7:52 PM
What are Trojans?
Anyway, I am not on hotmail

Posted By : Dickens - 1/15/2014 9:51 PM
Google 'Trojan' - Wikipedia has plenty of information.
-->