The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/15/BullGuard-2014---user-preferen_96149.html
Posted By : NorthPole - 11/1/2013 4:54 PM
I have noticed on two occasions since upgrading to BIS 2014 that, whenever the program version is updated (most recently to 14.0.273.1), the user preference for the Antivirus component under 'Action - Action to perform' is altered from 'Block the file' (which is my preference) to 'Fix the file' (the default); and under 'Misc' the option 'Continue to monitor files when BullGuard is closed' is shown as checked, even if it was unchecked previously. In other words user preferences are being reset to default values. This never happened as far as I was aware with BIS 2013. I haven't noticed any other settings being changed in this way. Could this issue be investigated, please?

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 11/2/2013 12:43 PM
Thank you for reporting this! We will investigate it.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Posted By : NorthPole - 11/5/2013 6:27 PM
Happened again with update to Ver. 14.0.273.3

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 11/12/2013 5:48 PM
Problem should be solved in 14.0.274. Could you please check if you have any more problems with this?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Posted By : NorthPole - 11/12/2013 7:59 PM
Andreea,

No, exactly the same thing happened after the update to BIS 14.0.274 today - so seemingly not yet fixed.

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 11/13/2013 2:59 AM
Would you please be so kind as to contact Support, at your convenience, so we can see why you continue to have difficulties?
Note: Please mention the forum link somewhere in your e-mail or Live Chat: http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/15/BullGuard-2014---user-preferen_96149.html

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Posted By : NorthPole - 11/13/2013 3:09 PM
Andreea,

Done via email; but I suspect the reason no one else has reported this issue is that:

i) they accept the default values; and/or
ii) they haven't checked under Advanced Settings to see what they are!

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 11/13/2013 7:49 PM
You will be contacted for further investigation.

Thank you very much for your cooperation!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Posted By : NorthPole - 11/19/2013 12:11 PM
Nothing at all heard from Support - but the problem SEEMS to have been fixed with BIS Version 14.0.274.1. I will keep monitoring my settings to make sure.

Posted By : Dickens - 11/19/2013 1:35 PM
Ye, looks like it has been fixed. My settings have remained following update to 14.0.274.1.

Posted By : NorthPole - 11/20/2013 6:19 PM
I spoke too soon, it seems - the same settings had reverted to default values again this morning, as had 'Don't scan removable media', although I'm still on BIS Ver.14.0.274.1. Getting really annoying now. Could it be to do with the fact I'm on 64-bit Windows - is Bullguard writing to the correct section of the Registry?

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 11/22/2013 6:43 PM
The issue is back in the attention of our developers. I will reply as soon as I have any updates.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Posted By : NorthPole - Yesterday 5:55 PM
Andreea,

I've received your email and sent the requested files to Support. Just for info., the settings were changed again today, although I'm still on Version 14.0.274.1 - I assume today's AV definitions update has somehow changed things.

Posted By : NorthPole - 12/9/2013 6:51 PM
OK, although Support asked me to do a lot of tests, I've found what is actually causing this to happen. If I disable AV protection (as I do for the purposes of making backups each week, having first disconnected from the internet of course!), and then re-enable AV afterwards, the settings revert to defaults. I've tried doing this several times today and it happens each time. So I hope that it will be finally possible for BullGuard's developers to fix the problem.

Posted By : NorthPole - 12/21/2013 6:32 PM
Sadly, still seems to be happening with BIS Ver.14.0.276 - turn off AV protection and all custom settings are lost when protection is re-activated cry

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 12/22/2013 5:06 PM
I will let the developers know. Thank you for updating us on this issue!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Posted By : NorthPole - 1/14/2014 3:09 PM
Here's a new twist - in the light of the issues raised in my earlier posts, yesterday I decided to completely shut down BullGuard (having first disconnected from the internet) before running my weekly backup; rather than just disabling the AV as previously. On re-starting the PC this morning, I discovered that although my custom antivirus settings had been retained, all my firewall rules had disappeared! This morning has been a continuous sequence of pop-ups as programs required internet access - very frustrating. I remain convinced that there is a fundamental problem with BullGuard 2014 and user settings, which may only be affecting the 64-bit version.
-->