The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/30/I-miss-Dedicated-Gamer-Edition_86627.html
Posted By : rer8 - 6/13/2010 4:48 PM
I have Bullguard 9.0. I previously had Bullguard's "Dedicated Gamers" edition. I was so pleased with it I purchased 2 years worth of Bullguard protection. I am not sure that I will renew in the future. In order to control updates and general firewall and spam activities I have found it necessary to manually update Bullguard and activate my game(s), to avoid interruptions. 9.0 has been a real disappointment to me. Yes it works. Electric lights work and so do candles. Candles offer little in versatility and are messy and require a great deal of attention. I have found 9.0 to be a candle, and the dedicated Gamers Edition to be a light bulb. 9.0 works, but it is messy!

RR

Posted By : JM1 - 6/22/2010 3:01 PM
Hey
Do you not Like the Game Mode? the functionality is the same as Gamers Edition, the only difference is you get the full IS package thrown in?

So if you set version 9.0 to Game Mode, you have in effect got Gamers Edition :-)

Posted By : rer8 - 6/22/2010 3:33 PM
Hello,
I believe you are largely correct. I have experienced several game "slow downs/stoppages" with the 9.0 program while gaming. These have generally occurred during Bullguard updates. An additional benefit of the 8.7 Gamers Edition was the changing of the color of the small Bullguard icon color (red to black) when the "automatic" game activation was implemented. I am presently able to achieve 8.7 performance by manually controlling the on/off function for the specific game.

The short answer to your question is yes & no. I do not believe I have the same control in 9.0 as I had in 8.7. I am still convinced that there is no other virus "protection system" published which is equal to Bullguard.
-->