The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/30/Exclude-external-drives-in-Ant_96221.html
Posted By : Jarmeister - 11/17/2013 2:14 PM
Is it possible to choose which external drives are excluded from a scan in Antivirus 2014? I have one normal external usb hd that I would like to keep scanning and then I have another encrypted usb hd drive that occasionally plug in and assign always a certain drive letter for it? I would not like BullGuard to scan it because working with it gets a lot slower.

Also I would like to have an option to choose exclusions from my external drive that I want to keep scanning.

Posted By : NorthPole - 11/21/2013 9:38 PM
Set up a custom Profile from Antivirus|Advanced Settings|Antivirus Profiles|Manage Profiles, and you can specify both drives and directories to include/exclude.

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 11/22/2013 8:16 PM
Hello Jarmeister,

Here is what you will need to do:

- for On-Demand scan, create a profile in which you add all drives, then exculde (uncheck) the drive you want it not to scan.
This guide will help you with creating the profile: www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides-14/antivirus/scan-profiles-create-antivirus-profile-%28guide%29.aspx

- for the On-Access module, "Skip files/folders" and add the HDD you do not wish to have scanned, or folder from the drive that you do not want to be scanned.
This guide will help you with the settings of the On-Access module: www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides-14/antivirus/antivirus-settings.aspx

There is one more setting, the "Don't scan removable media" option from the Tuning option under the Antivirus settings. Checking this box disables the On-Access monitor to actively scan any removable devices that you plug-in, from the moment you start using them.

Please let me know if this information solves the issue, or if you have any more difficulties.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

-->