The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/5/Win-7-Antispyware-2012-and-Vis_92978.html
Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 12/17/2011 6:34 AM
Hello everyone,

The latest threats we are confronted with are Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and Vista Antivirus 2012. These are "rogue antivirus" programs, that want to scam you into purchasing their "software", so the first step you can take in order to protect yourself is not to purchase this.
While they are not newly released, I have seen an increase of users affected by this issue, probably due to the increase of internet users during the holiday season.

In order to remove this, rather annoying piece of infection, follow these steps:

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking by pressing F8 (or F5 on some computers) before Windows starts (before the Windows logo appears) and choosing Safe Mode with Networking from the following screen.

The next step is to repair your executable files. Download and run the following file download.bleepingcomputer.com/reg/FixNCR.reg
This will allow you to run the next step.

Lastly, download and install Malwarebytes from here: download.bleepingcomputer.com/malwarebytes/mbam-setup.exe and, when you are prompted if you want to start a trial, decline it, for the moment, as it may conflict with your existing protection.

Run a full scan with Malwarebytes, check all the entries that are found and choose to Remove selected.

Reboot your computer normally afterwards.

One note though!
Depending on what protection you have and how extensive the infection got, you may need to reinstall your internet connection.
This is sometimes as simple as going to Network connections and disabling/enabling the current connection, but you may need to create it again. Call your Internet Service Provider for help on setting your connection back on.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Posted By : allaner - 1/3/2012 11:23 AM
I removed the spyware infection from my computer by the help of a weblog, it having enough information with screenshots and step by step removal instruction.

the most interested thing is Win 7 spyware is now attacking the computer in different names like
win 7 security 2012
win 7 antispyware 2012
Win 7 Internet security 2012
win 7 home security 2012

and the removal steps for this spyware are the same

you can get the instruction from www.easy2resolve.com/software-issues/how-to-remove-xp-vista-win-7-security-2012

Posted By : Marsh - 2/12/2012 2:42 PM
Why do I have to download and run a full scan with with Malwarebytes if I have already Bullguard installed? Can Bullguard not detect and remove this spyware directly?

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 2/14/2012 3:26 AM
Dear Marsh,

Even though this forum is maintained by BullGuard, we are posting solutions, ideas, and security news for everyone, regardless of their security choice.

My article doesn't debate whether one antivirus or another is doing it's job or not. It is simply telling users what to do in case they do get infected by this.

If you have the latest version of BullGuard, and you keep it and your Windows updated at all times, you will not get infected.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 16-02-2012 03:56:50 GMT

-->