The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/5/False-Positive---Hitman-Pro_94510.html
Posted By : berryracer - 10/12/2012 10:53 AM
How in the world can BullGuard have such a huge mistake reporting Hitman Pro as a vulnerability??? c'mon guys, BullGuard is a top class AV but this is simply wrong

ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30/3.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: LiteOn LAT-256M3S 256GB SSD + Seagate Momentus 5400RPM 1TB HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3GB
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

Posted By : Andreea-Luciana Ostache - 10/13/2012 8:12 AM
False positive detection of files (if this is indeed such a case) is very common in any Antivirus products nowadays. You can't imagine how hard it is to keep up with definitions for all and every program that users run, so we think it's better safe then sorry.

In case anything valid get's detected take these steps:

1. Turn the Antivirus off and restore the file from the quarantine.
2. Then add the executable that is detected to a password protected archive with the password: infected
There are plenty of guides on the net about how to do this, but I like and use 7Zip which is free, so here is a guide for that: [url]http://www.medicalnerds.com/how-to-encrypt-zip-files-securely-using-7zip/[url]
3. Attach the archive to an e-mail message to support@bullguard.com and we will remove the detection (if the file is clean) within 24 hours.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Posted By : berryracer - 10/14/2012 4:20 AM
Dear Andrea,

I understand that it is the case in any antivirus to have false positives and that it is normal. But to detect another company's anti-malware app as a virus......hmm...that is inexcusable in my opinion and the people updating virus signatures really need to focus...... nono
-->