The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/9/How-do-I-get-rid-of-a-computer_91447.html
Posted By : rumors_mac - 4/26/2011 6:40 AM
My laptop has a virus, so I can't access anything on it. Would it be fixed if I got it reimaged or rebooted? And if this were to happen would I still have programs like Adobe Illustrator or Microsoft Word? What is the best way to fix my Acer laptop?

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 10-06-2012 07:46:07 GMT

Posted By : loriajuarez - 4/27/2011 5:05 AM
Reimaged, yes. Rebooted, no. If you reimaged, you would have to redownload all your programs. Hopefully, you have the activation codes stored safely because you will need these numbers to reaccess your programs.

Reimage, wipe, format, and clean install are all terms that mean to wipe your hard drive clean and start over with an empty HD. You will need a copy of your operating system and all your activation codes to use those programs that you bought and installed on your computer. This should be done as a last resort.

There are a couple of options to try before you decide to perform a clean install. If you have a virus, Microsoft has a built-in tool to search for malware. Type MRT in your search box and press ENTER. Press NEXT in the box of the page that appears. Run a full scan. This tool will search for malicious programs and remove them.

If you have success, restore your computer to a time before it was infected. Hopefully, your computer is running again. Buy and install a good security program like the paid version of Malwarebytes to protect your computer from future attacks.

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 10-06-2012 07:44:07 GMT

Posted By : Sanya01 - 5/9/2011 4:07 AM
Hi if you can access your laptop, try rebooting it in safemode? press f8 while you are restarting it then choose safemode with networking. then from there try downloading Malwarebytes if you don't have it yet, then get a quick scan..delete any viruses found.. then if you have your antivirus installed try also scanning your computer. Then try restarting again in normal window. if the step above don't solve your problem while in the safemode perform a backup of your programs and important files then reformatting your laptop may be the answer.

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 10-06-2012 07:45:05 GMT

Posted By : julialloyds45 - 10/25/2013 9:06 AM
There are two types of ways to get rid of virus completely from the system they are-

• Through Manual method- This techniques is extremely useful to remove any type of spyware from the system. But this method requires a professional knowledge and skills of computer. As even a smaller to smaller fault can destruct the whole system functioning. So it is always advised to use the automatic method.

• Through Automatic method- There are many numbers of anti-spyware software that are designed in order scan and remove these malicious applications easily and efficiently from the system. It scans the computer and detect unwanted spyware program from installation and to remove those programs if installed. These programs monitor the incoming emails, websites and downloaded files and stop them from getting into the computer. These are designed basically to block the spyware from infecting the system.

So it is recommended to just protect your computer from this harmful virus

• By using anti-spyware protection to protect the computer from security risks.
• Configure the firewall security to block spyware from invading.
• Do not accept or open suspicious dialog from within the browser.
• It may come as a free “deal offer” so it is recommended not to accept these deals.
• It is always recommended read End user License agreement carefully and cancel if other programs gets installed as a part of desired program.
• It is necessary to keep software security patches up to date.

Note: We do not accept advertisements on this forum

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 10/25/2013 6:26:17 PM GMT

Posted By : rozermartin - 10/25/2013 2:39 PM
You should try running the recovery and give it time to fully complete it's process. You cold boot your computer, go into safe mode, and then do that. You should be able to recover it back a couple of days.

Posted By : johnnyk022181 - 1/4/2014 6:08 AM
NO

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 1/4/2014 10:23:07 PM GMT

-->