The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/9/Issues-with-my-keypad-on-my-Le_94589.html
Posted By : sai kar - Yesterday 9:51 PM
Hi

I am facing issues with my keypad. If I type "c" i get "cm" if type "m" I get "cm" and if I type "y" it does a find and "y" gets typed in the find window and it does lot of this crazy stuff which is very frustrating. There are no issue's if I use external keyboard. Looks like a malware attack . Please help me to resolve this issue.

Posted By : Robert Mateescu - Today 8:50 PM
Hi there,

The issue seems to be with your keyboard, especially if you are using a laptop. Sometimes the electrical matrix underneath gets damaged (by soda or other things accidentally dropped on the keyboard, strong/repeated physical actions, etc) and pressing one key cause 2 or more electrical contacts to be created, instead of one.

If you are using a multimedia keyboard, try reinstalling the drivers.

I personally experienced this issue with older remote access software, which caused all my keys to act as hotkeys, forcing me to reboot to restore the keyboard to its normal functioning.

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Posted By : sai kar - 10/23/2012 11:49 PM
Hi Robert

I tried re-installing the drivers but it did not work for me.
Thiniking it as a virus attack I installed spybot and super anti-spyware and removed some threats.
But still I doesnt see the keypad working.
Now I am not sure whether this is a hardware or a software issue

Regards
Sai
-->