How to use the Backup
Please follow the instructions below if you want to back up your data using BullGuard.
Note: This guide is for BullGuard 8.5 and 8.7.
Backup files online
1. Connect to the Internet.
2. Open BullGuard by double-clicking the BullGuard icon in your System Tray (next to the clock).
3. Go to the Backup section and select the Backup tab in the upper menu. BullGuard now includes backup profiles you can create for various situations. For example, you can create a profile to save your work on a different location on your computer on a daily basis, while another one can upload them to your online drive every week.
To add a new backup profile, press the New Backup button:
4. In the next window, please press the Files button:
5. Next, in the What tab, please press the Add button then select the file(s) you want to back up and then click OK.
6. Now click the Where tab to choose the location of your backup. If you wish to make an online backup, choose Online backup and then type in a name for your new backup profile.
a. If you wish to schedule the backup, please click the When tab and click "I want to select a schedule". Then choose an interval and a start date & time. If you do not wish to schedule your backup, please skip this step.
b. BullGuard 8.5 also comes with special options such as synchronisation, compression, encryption and version history. Click on More info under each of the options to learn what they do.
7. Finally, click the OK button and then press Run Now. The backup will now start and the files will be added to your backup.
If you later wish to edit the profile you've created, just press the Edit button. Please also note that you may use the backup WIZARD to go through the same steps in a different way, by searching certain file types on your computer. This can help focus your backup to either photos, music or emails.
To restore your files at a later date, please do the following:
1. Select the Restore tab and press the Start Restore Wizard button.
2. BullGuard will connect to our servers to retrieve the contents of your backup drive. Press the small "+" signs to expand the list of folders and check the files you want to restore. Click the Next button to move forward:
3. Next, choose a restore location by clicking Browse (or use the default folder) and press Start:
Browse online drive
To access your BullGuard Online Drive, click the Online Drive tab in the application:
However the easiest way to manage your online backup is by accessing its new drive straight from My Computer:
That's it! You can now enjoy the safety and convenience of your BullGuard Backup feature.
The BullGuard Team
If you did not find the solution you were looking for, please feel free to contact our Support.
Top of page