Support is an essential part of our product range. With the new Support plug-in in BullGuard v8.5, you can now contact our Support Team directly from the application, completely free of charge.
The Support section acts as an interaction center - you may send emails as well as chat with our technicians live, while keeping your support history if you need it later. Version 8.5 takes this further, adding remote assistance capabilities.
Note: This guide is for BullGuard v8.5. If you are using an older version of BullGuard, you can still contact our Support Team via email or Live Support.
Below is a quick guide on how to get support using the Support plug-in:
• Via Email
• Via Live Chat
• Via Remote Assistance
Support by email
1. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet.
2. Before sending an email there are a few settings you should make. Please open the Support section and click the Settings tab. Next, type in your name.
3. Press the Overview tab. To contact Support by email, just click the New Question button and press Write an E-mail.
4. You should now see a normal email window where you can compose your message. Press the Send button to send the email to BullGuard Support.
After the message has been sent, you should see a confirmation message by the clock.
5. To review your support history, press the Message Center tab. Double-click the ticket to expand a message history and double-click the email to see its contents.
Press Reply to write back.
You should normally get a reply within 1 hour. When this happens, you will be notified:
6. To check if Support has responded, press the Receive button. To write a new message, press New Message.
Support by chat
1. To access BullGuard Live Support, press the New Question button in the Overview tab, just as for emails.
2. Next, choose Start a chat and wait for a Support Technician to take over your request. You can request to get remote assistance at any time, by pressing the Remote Access button.
Note: Remote assistance is a practical way of getting help, and a new feature in BullGuard v8.5. It basically means that you can grant our supporters access to your computer, so that they can solve the problem for you.
To get remote assistance, you must first start a chat from the BullGuard application's Support plugin - not the website chat (see above). Pressing the Remote Access button will bring up a window requesting you to accept the session:
The remote session will begin in View mode - which means the supporter sees what is happening on your computer screen, but has no control over your computer. You can stop the session anytime you wish - just press Disconnect Access.
If you do not want to share control, the supporter will guide your actions by chat. The quickest way to do it however is by sharing control of the computer, which means both you and the supporter can use the mouse and keyboard to perform operations.
Only the supporter can request that you share the control of your computer. You will be notified accordingly:
IMPORTANT: When in Share control mode, supporters will take no other actions other than the ones necessary to solve your problem. Please close all documents and programs that display private or sensitive information before the remote session begins.
Remember: should you encounter any problems with contacting BullGuard Support via the application, please get in touch with us using email or the Live Support on our webpage.
The BullGuard Team
If you did not find the solution you were looking for, please feel free to contact our Support.
Top of page