Are you stressed about your online identity being at risk? You’re not alone – with over 15 million identities stolen each year in the U.S. alone, identity protection is an understandable concern. There’s really no need to be afraid – BullGuard is here to protect you, not just with award-winning products, but also with easy-to-follow tips to make sure your online identity stays safe.
With any online interaction, it’s important to be vigilant. You could unwittingly be giving away parts of your key identity information which can lead to full on identity theft. Here are few ways identity theft can occur:
- You are deceived into sharing personal information, a victim of a social engineering attack or spam.
- You’re passwords are guessable – probably because you use the same one across various sites – you never change them, and they are based on another piece of identity information like your birthday.
- Someone or something has been electronically eavesdropping on you.
- You were the victim of a mass data breach (a situation beyond your control).
So, what’s the best way to protect your online identity from attacks like those above?
Here are 3 easy steps:
BullGuard will protect you from all online threats! Don’t leave your online identity at risk. Get BullGuard Internet Security 2013 to keep malware and cybercrime away.
- Be smart about what passwords you use, for specific details on password best practice, here’s what you need to know about passwords.
- Always log out of accounts when you’re done using them, this should be your mode of operation for emails, bank accounts and social networking sites.
- Use 2-factor authentication where possible. Most popular sites and services, including Google, Facebook and PayPal offer this extra layer of account security. Here’s how to enable two-factor authentication on popular sites.