BullGuard Internet Security has received top protection ratings in malware tests carried out by independent testing labs AV Test and AV Comparatives.
This recently released version of Internet Security features cutting-edge features including a new proprietary anti-malware engine designed to root out even the most cunning forms of malware.
AV Test put Internet Security through its paces by testing for:
- Protection against zero-day threats (newly released malware not yet detected by the antivirus industry), web-based threats and email phishing
- Detection of relatively new widespread malware discovered in the last 4 weeks
Running on the Windows 10 operating system the test ran during June. Internet Security scored 100% in both categories.
AV Comparatives ran its Real-World Protection Test on the Windows 10 operating system for the month of August.
The tests were based on:
- “389 live test cases” - designed to reflect the everyday malware and infections vectors that users come across on the internet. These included websites that hide malware and hacker tactics such as drive-by downloads
- Internet Security scored 100% protection rates in the test, certainly outstripping most of the other 20 security software suites.
The testing of security software by organisations like AV Test and AV Comparatives is an important independent assessment that allows users to establish the efficacy of security software.
BullGuard scores consistently highly in these tests, typically beating more high profile brands.
This is testament to a relentless customer focus that emphasises above all developing the best protection possible while also ensuring the software is effortlessly easy to use.
Constant innovation is a central theme within this overall dynamic and one that is illustrated by the new features in BullGuard Internet Security 2018, including:
- A next-generation, proprietary malware detection engine built from the ground up. It fuses traditional AV detection with BullGuard developed zero-day threat detection that constantly scans for newly released malware
- A new firewall ensures top PC performance, warns when critical Windows system updates are required and is compatible with a wide range of plug and play devices
In summary, the AV Test and AV Comparatives results confirm what we always endeavour to achieve: providing our customers with the best protection possible.