False Positive on Vista X64
Due to a recent update for Windows 64-bit systems it is possible that BullGuard detects several Windows and BullGuard files as infected with Trojan.FakeAlert.5 .
If you are not able to log on to Windows you will need to:
1. Reboot your PC and choose Start Windows Normally when you reach the menu.
2. Insert your Windows CD and reboot.
3. Wait while the disc image loads properly.
4. Choose your language and region then click Next.
5. Make sure to select Repair your Computer in the left corner of the screen. Do not choose Install Now.
6. Choose your Operating System and click Next.
7. Wait for the process to finish properly and then click Finish.
IMPORTANT! It is possible that the Repair procedure may not work from the first time. If it fails, reboot the PC and run the procedure again as it should work in maximum 3 attempts.
8. After you log on to Windows save this patch and then run it on your PC.
9. Reboot your PC, open BullGuard and perform an update to make sure you have the latest virus definitions.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for cooperating.
The BullGuard Support Team