Cannot complete full scan

Posted 2/7/2019 7:43 PM

Gail Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 5
After trying for 3 days, and allowing it to sit overnight while running, I have made a total of five attempts to run a full scan with BullGuard. The first time, it just wouldn't even start. The second time, it hung after 18 minutes and would not progress. I cancelled and restarted the computer. This time, it went to 1:43 and found 21 threats, but hung at that point. I cancelled again and restarted. I repeated this the past two nights. Each time it went to 467201 scanned files and time between 1:43 and the latest attempt, 1:56. It now finds 20 threats. But it will not progress any further than this. Suggestions? This is an iMac running OS Mojave. I had it in at the Genius Bar on Sunday. They did a wipe and clean install of the OS, but the computer is still ungodly slow and obviously has some sort of malware on it. Malwarebytes has also been unsuccessful in removing whatever it is.
Posted 2/8/2019 10:07 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 764
Hello Gail,

A computer slowdown can have multiple causes, so multiple steps will be needed just to identify the source of the trouble.

Here are a few things you may want to check:

1. Clear your downloads folder: Unless you have important downloads you may want to keep, doing this may help clear the problem.

2. Check for possibly infected email messages or attachments. We are aware that BullGuard could have trouble with infected email. To clear this, removing the emails that are infected manually is the only workaround, at this time.

3. Try running smaller Custom scans.

4. Make sure to install the latest system updates.

In any case, you can contact our support team via Live Chat to have further assistance on the matter. Our support is free of charge.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, February 17, 2019, 11:08 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,693 posts in 13,599 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,452 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, kenyon graham.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.