EXPLORER.exe error

Posted 3/19/2010 9:11 AM

sawyer Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
hi, guys.
i am having problem with my computer. When i start my pc it show logon dialog even before this it doesn't. Whether i logon with user or administrator i get the same error. it said "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d). Click on OK to terminate the application ".I also cannot use CTRL+ALT+DEL key combination. There is nothing except blue background when normal and black when safe mode. i recently update adobe reader. i also uninstall k-lite codec pack and reinstall k-lite mega codec pack without reboot in the first place. I use norton antivirus. I had already try using windows xp cd by copy explorer.exe to the windows.
if the issue is virus could you please tell me how to eliminate it.please help i can do nothing with the computer now.
Posted 3/19/2010 11:35 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
Hello sawyer :smile:

It sounds like some parts are really messed up, The first thing we gonne do is:
Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

Tell me if this helps, If not, We gonne find a better solution. <!-- / message -->

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 3/19/2010 3:17 PM

sawyer Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
Thanks, i appreciate it.
the problem is i can do nothing with my computer. i can only use the bios mode while start up. there is no start menu, icon (only black @blu background).
Posted 3/20/2010 5:40 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
Ok. Hit F8 key on bootup, and have it to start with - last good known configuration - see if it help ?

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, January 27, 2022, 2:41 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,946 posts in 13,685 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,663 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, H H.
43 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.