Spring Savings
up to 65% discounts

How can I get Spy Axe removed from my computer

Posted 12/12/2005 2:50 PM

Bronco Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
My computer is infected with a Spy Ware program that keeps trying to install itself onto my computer. It is called Spy-Axe. I also keep getting a bogus computer alert that POPS or beeps about every 10 seconds which says "Your computer is infected! Dangerous malware infection was detected on your PC. The system will now download and install most efficient antimalware program to prevent data loss and your private information theft. Click here to protect your computer from the biggest malware threats"

It is extremely irritating and possibly dangerous. What can I do to get rid of this thing? I have tried using the Add/Remove program on Windows Control Panel and I have removed Spy-Axe at least three times now. But it keeps coming back and installing ITSELF on my computer. And this bogus Computer Alert is constantly going off. How do I get rid of this stuff?????? I am at my wits end here. :smhair: PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF THIS. :smhair: Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted 12/28/2005 12:38 AM

athena0204 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
[4]How do I get the SpyAxe off of my computer??? It is driving me crazy. Please Help[/4]
[4]Athena[/4]
Posted 12/28/2005 10:41 AM

Jobi Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I've got the same problem

I can't get rid of that. I've tried Spyware doctor and Spy emergency but that stupid box don't leave me alone. :mad:
Posted 12/28/2005 12:30 PM

JA$H Vs. SPYSHERIFF Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Spyware doctor and Spy emergency won't help..

If your PC is infected with SpyAxe, you'll have to make a backup of all your important files and then reinstall windows.

SpyAxe is also called SpySheriff and other names but its the same spyware. I had it myself and have tried to find way to get rid of it myself(thats why i registered at this forum) and everybody told me its not possible. The only thing you can do is reinstall windows and change all your passwords. I have tried to remove it for days but I found out that even if it were possible to remove the spyware it would be easier, faster and better for your pc to reinstall windows because you cant remove it completely without also breaking your system.

I got rid of it by connecting my PC to another and getting all my important folders of my PC and on the other. Then I reinstalled windows and changed the passwords(very important). Make sure you overwrite windows completly.
I hope your windows password isn't the same as your email password. If so, you might have to get a new mail adress with a new password. Use a better Firewall (ZoneAlert (Freeware)). and a good Anti Virus Programm (AntiVir (Freeware)).
its the only possible way.
Posted 12/28/2005 10:29 PM

.MiKE. Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 36
wtf - holy shit r u sure?
y dont the effing mods/admins make that a sticky and save evryone some time...
Posted 1/1/2006 6:01 PM

ampre Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I ran into this problem this morning. What a pain. I found this link that has a set of directions to remove it. It toook about 2 hours, but everything is back to normal now.

https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-spyaxe.html
Posted 1/1/2006 10:02 PM

Enzi Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
whatever you do
before you reinstall windows
try this

Download https://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click%20counter/click.php?id=1
save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

after that rebot is safemode

Open the smitRem folder, and click the RunThis.bat file to start. follow the instructions.
wait for it to finish

it worked for me
i had the same problem
Posted 1/2/2006 8:55 AM

STOKA Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
TO REMOVE SPY AXE DOWNLOAD ( MICROSOFT ANTISPYWARE ) at microsoft.com.. and keep it its a really great program.. freeware . The best way 2 do it is.. start searchin for stuff and end task explorer so in case the explorer is using the infected program it will remove it.... BUR I RECOMMEND SAFE MODE AND THAN SEARCH ... so again its Microsoft AntiSpyware :skull: :burger:
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, April 22, 2018, 4:28 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,587 posts in 13,559 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 5 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,312 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Liquidg.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.