AOL error

Posted 7/10/2006 6:43 AM

DazzleKitty Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
I keep on posting here with problems. Sorry about that. My computer has been very disobedient lately...

A few days ago I upgraded to American Online Security Edition. Ever since then, I have been having issues with this stupid error that keeps popping up. It says "An error has occurred. If you receive the message repeatedly, please exit and close AOL, then restart the AOL program."

The error occurs after I have been online for a long time, like 2-3 hours. It's very random when it appears - usually when I am browsing websites.

When the error shows up, the right click on the mouse stops responding, and I cannot open the task manager. Therefore, I have to hold the enter key down until the message goes away, because it just keeps coming back over and over rapidly.

So far, I have done this to resolve the issue:

cleared the cache
deleted some files, got rid of unneccesary stuff in registry

rebuilt aol adapter

repaired connectivity

cleared footprints

reset aol back to default

uninstalled and reinstalled aol

scanned for viruses and spyware

used AOL computer checkup

set internet explorer to never dial a connection

There is probably more I have done. I have done so much, I can't think of what else to do. An AOL tech said I need to call my comp's vender and have the internet explorer repaired. I don't think that will help. I just upgraded it. I don't think it has anything to do with this error. My brother's computer was having the same problem, and I don't think he ever fixed it.

I am desperate for help. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open for comments!
Posted 8/20/2006 2:22 PM

snoflake2121 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I have been getting the same error for the longest! Like you it only happens when I've been online for a long time and I am browsing the web. At the same time I'll get these popups from Internet Explorer which I don't even have installed on my computer anymore, this horrid beeping noise and my computer just goes haywier with that same error message continuing to pop up. There is usually something that triggers it like opening my email box or something of the sort. I am only having this problem with AOL, so I'm starting to think they are not so secure after all. Sorry I can't help, I've tried everything too to fix it. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone, and if you get any good feedback on how to fix this please let me know. :)
Posted 9/9/2006 3:46 AM

Ansand Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I have the same problem. Its a big pain in the ass.
Posted 5/12/2008 7:34 PM

callmefreckles Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
helpI I have same problem, what do I do?
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 6:15 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,750 posts in 13,625 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,552 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, joshep.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.