How do i re partion my c drive

Posted 9/18/2007 12:12 PM

lakeview Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
dear friends
by mistak i only partion my hard disk to one drive c.

now i only have one partion and its contains data,so how do i re partion this drive to more than one drive,i have 80 BG more.
Posted 9/18/2007 8:39 PM

Andrei M Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 352
Hello. I think you should use Partition Magic (google for that one).

Afaik, Disk Management ( from Windows XP Control panel> Administrative Tools> Computer management ) does not know how to resize existing partitions, but it is possible in Vista. More details on Vista partition resizing, at this webpage.
Andrei M
[blue]Microsoft Certified Professional[/blue]
BullGuard | support[at]bullguard[dot]com

---------
If more than 24hrs have passed since my last reply on your thread, send me a private message to remind me.
---------
Posted 11/1/2007 9:27 PM

jisern Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 11
With the low cost of drives these days... why not just buy a secondary drive instead of partitioning?

Computer Viruses Suck! Totally Eliminate Them Today

https://www.antivirusvideos.com/
Posted 1/20/2008 1:43 PM

ThePope Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
You can partition by using a windows 98 startup disk (if you have a floppy drive) . Put in 98 floppy and wait for the "A" promt on restart, or startup. When you get the "A' prompt, type in fdisk, then press enter key. This should take you to the partition screen. It is self explanitory from there. Create a logical dos partition. Or if you have XP, just put in the XP disk on startup. That will ask you if you wish to create a new partition. Either way, you will have to format the drive after.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 7:53 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,750 posts in 13,625 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,552 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, joshep.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.