Microsoft Office Yellow update notification - was it hoax?

Posted 7/23/2008 8:23 AM

makeitoak Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 19
Today in my XP pro a taskbar update available for MS Office flashed up so I chose to download and install. Afterwards, the XP security centre taskbar popup indicated I had no firewall, so I checked the security centre which confirmed not only that but also that no antivirus program was detected, despite bullguard claiming to be on, so quickly switched on the Microsoft firewall. Then I uninstalled Bullguard, and reinstalled it and allowed it to update and reboot, then turned off the microsoft firewall again. I still don't know if this was an error with Bullguard, or whether some dodgy stuff managed to infiltrate the task manager updates notifier, and disable bullguard in such a way that Bullguard continued to show it was 'on'.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 6:04 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,750 posts in 13,625 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,552 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, joshep.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.