Since the firewall is now windows native firewall can I now

Posted 9/12/2017 2:13 AM

jerry6 Valued member

Date Joined Sep 2017
Total Posts: 10
disable bulgaurd Firewall and use another 3rd party firewall , something like spyshelter or ruinware firewall ?

Is it possible to downgrade bullgaurd internet security to just bullgaurd Anti virus and get a partial refund as you no longer include the firewall which is the reason i opted for internet security over the plain A/V ?

Thanks
Posted 9/14/2017 1:36 AM

Catman720 Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 30
Would also like to know, as I have 3 years left on my license?
Steve M
Posted 9/27/2017 4:24 AM

jerry6 Valued member

Date Joined Sep 2017
Seems no one wants to answer , none of the "firewall " posts  here open , you get a garbled page when you open the post . By design or a fluke ? I really would like an answer as I have 5 licenses and maintain another 50 computers I heave people buy and install Bullgaurd . Going to look for another soloution for them and the 3 I'm using with B G  if no reply .
Posted 9/27/2017 10:27 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 801
Hello,

As I have detailed in the other Firewall posts, what we take from the Windows Firewall is the Low Level Rules. What that means, put as simply as possible, is that we stoped trying to enforce those in a standalone driver, which can cause system crashes and compatibility issues, since they are fully integrated in the system anyway.

This, as you will notice today from our site has been part of our entire product strategy. 

A visual of what our Old Firewall was and what the new Firewall is now and what we plan:

User image

We have solutions for everyone's specific needs, so please contact support from the link in my signature and we will find the best solution for you.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 9/28/2017 12:46 AM

jerry6 Valued member

Date Joined Sep 2017
Does this mean I can dis-able BG firewall and Win 7 Firewall and install a 3rd party Firewall ? i reall would like to know as not really happy with the sittuation as is , like to make rules n my firewall and windows firewall is not to my liking .

Thanks
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, November 21, 2019, 5:30 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,740 posts in 13,621 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,539 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, portia1.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.