VIRUS?

Posted 5/27/2017 4:44 PM

derfledermause Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hello good people,

My first post. I have Bullguard Internet security installed on 1 desktop and 2 laptops, indeed I have used Bullguard for some years now without incident.On the desktop I have a ham radio logging and transceiver control program called "Logger 32", which I have used for many more years than Bullguard. Periodically I receive upgrades to the program, with no problem.last Thursday I received an upgrade and proceded to install it, Bullguard DID NOT flag anything up as a virus as it normally does, but I did get an on screen box telling me that  "Cannot open zip file". This had me baffled for some time till by pure chance I looked at Bullguards quarantine file, only to find a file in there. This is a copy of the file.

Infected object: zipfile.zip

Malware: Gen: Trojan. Heur. KT.4. @p0@aKoWv9oi

Path: D:\Logger 32Old\updates\zipfile.zip

I have tried to return the file to the Logger 32 program but the minute I activate the Bullguard program, it quarantines the file. I have tried to put Logger 32 into the "exceptions" file in Bullguard, to no avail. I have accessed microsofts "Windows defender and firewall" and scanned the computers with "Malwarebytes". Neither of these programs have flagged this file as a virus, and Logger 32 runs OK.

Please can someone tell me how I  can surmount this problem, I would much rather run Bullguard along with Logger 32, Logger 32 has 55 years of Ham radio operation logged in it and I certainly do not want to loose this valuable information..

Thank you,

regards,

derfledermause.

Posted 5/27/2017 8:54 PM

derfledermause Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hello again,

As this was my first posting, I do not know if I am allowed to add to my original post, I apologize if not. Bullguard has flagged up what it thinks is a virus, in fact this is not so, how do I tell Bullguard not to negate that file?. It is in fact NOT a virus but a vital component needed to run Logger 32. Surely the Techies at Bullguard can help.

Thank you,

derfledermause.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 9:28 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,927 posts in 13,679 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 4 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,645 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, happy.
52 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.