VIRUS?

Posted 5/27/2017 4:44 PM

derfledermause Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hello good people,

My first post. I have Bullguard Internet security installed on 1 desktop and 2 laptops, indeed I have used Bullguard for some years now without incident.On the desktop I have a ham radio logging and transceiver control program called "Logger 32", which I have used for many more years than Bullguard. Periodically I receive upgrades to the program, with no problem.last Thursday I received an upgrade and proceded to install it, Bullguard DID NOT flag anything up as a virus as it normally does, but I did get an on screen box telling me that  "Cannot open zip file". This had me baffled for some time till by pure chance I looked at Bullguards quarantine file, only to find a file in there. This is a copy of the file.

Infected object: zipfile.zip

Malware: Gen: Trojan. Heur. KT.4. @p0@aKoWv9oi

Path: D:\Logger 32Old\updates\zipfile.zip

I have tried to return the file to the Logger 32 program but the minute I activate the Bullguard program, it quarantines the file. I have tried to put Logger 32 into the "exceptions" file in Bullguard, to no avail. I have accessed microsofts "Windows defender and firewall" and scanned the computers with "Malwarebytes". Neither of these programs have flagged this file as a virus, and Logger 32 runs OK.

Please can someone tell me how I  can surmount this problem, I would much rather run Bullguard along with Logger 32, Logger 32 has 55 years of Ham radio operation logged in it and I certainly do not want to loose this valuable information..

Thank you,

regards,

derfledermause.

Posted 5/27/2017 8:54 PM

derfledermause Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hello again,

As this was my first posting, I do not know if I am allowed to add to my original post, I apologize if not. Bullguard has flagged up what it thinks is a virus, in fact this is not so, how do I tell Bullguard not to negate that file?. It is in fact NOT a virus but a vital component needed to run Logger 32. Surely the Techies at Bullguard can help.

Thank you,

derfledermause.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, November 17, 2019, 5:19 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,741 posts in 13,621 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,538 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BrianE.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.