Amazon infected download

Posted 11/26/2014 9:51 PM

J MAC Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
Hi,

I am currently running a trial of bullguard but also have the retail version on order.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had been getting the same virus alert when visiting amazon.co.uk.

It seems to be the same message each time as I go from page to page. I have had it on two machines running windows 7 and viewing in IE and Chrome.

--
Infected object: fls-devo.vipinteg.amazon.com/1/softlines/1/OP/ImageBlockUDP?&_=1417037505173

Malware: Trojan.Script.618429
Infected process: [5404] C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

--

Feels odd that no one else has picked up on this as it is such a major site and there doesn't appear to be an obvious way to hide repeated messages.

Thanks

Josh
Posted 11/27/2014 1:24 PM

doughboii Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi Josh,

Just thought i would chime in here...i'm a long term user of bullguard and have never had a problem like this before...but i too am getting the EXACT same message as yourself, except the only time i get it, is when i add an item to the basket from amazon(.)co.uk. It says trojan alert stopped download etc. Would be nice to know if this is a false positive or a problem with amazon etc. A full scan reveals no issues. We have multiple machines running Bullguard all up to date with latest versions of chrome etc. Only one of them is displaying this problem. So not quite sure why, and it is slightly irritating every time it happens!

Any one else having this problem or info from the bullguard team themselves would be awesome!

Thanks!
Posted 11/27/2014 2:25 PM

doughboii Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Just to add an extra in to this (might be of some help) i have just updated to the latest version and definitions of bullguard on another rig and updated the latest software for windows - BEFORE the update it wasn't doing it on amazon when adding items to basket -AFTER the update it is now doing the same as the above. So im guessing it is a software incompatibility issue?
Posted 11/27/2014 5:13 PM

Stressman Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I'm getting the same. It happens when I open a vendor's page, and seems to happen every time. My BitDefender found and blocked it first a few days ago. I wrote to Amazon but have received no acknowledgement. BitDefender has replied basically that it is likely that Amazon UK could host a virus.
I'm surprised that this is not all over the web by now. Are most people's AV's really that bad?
Posted 11/27/2014 7:01 PM

doughboii Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Yeah a couple of my relatives are running bullguard av and are getting the same issue. There is also a post on the amazon community website relating to this issue, but no one seems to know why it's happening! Worrying really, seeing how large amazon is! :nono:
Posted 11/28/2014 10:51 AM

never54 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I am having the same problem and would really love to know if this is a virus and how to stop
Posted 11/28/2014 6:17 PM

J MAC Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Well it's the evening of black Friday and the alert is still going strong.

I'm surprised by the lack of response given the size of the site, chances are it's a false positive and I have no problem with BG going on the side of caution but why's there no obvious way to hide the alerts. If its real why aren't amazon being informed...
Posted 11/28/2014 8:55 PM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 422
Hi there,

The issue has already been forwarded to our devel team.
It appears that the script that manages the images hosted on Amazon is detected as malicious.
As this problem requires collaboration with Amazon, it will take longer than usual to be fixed.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: https://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 11/30/2014 1:02 PM

TommyWat Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hello, I've also had this come up when I'm on amazon, but now i seem to be getting it across multiple websites, this is on both my laptop and Desktop.

The most recent being a banking website. and even websites that don't exist,
I've tried scanning my computer multiple time to try and find if it's infected but cannot find anything.

--------
Infected object: htse-ukpib-customer-wp615-bde.hk.hsbc/1/PA_esf-ca-app-content/content/pws/content/personal/homepage/banners/D582_Find_Compare_Logout_940x255_v1.jpg

Infected process: [7128] C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
--------
Infected object: gmail.ocm/

Infected process: [6416] C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
--------
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 5:23 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,726 posts in 13,615 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,492 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, dragontattoo.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.