The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Blocked downloads and false positive?

Posted 3/2/2009 3:16 PM

Farferello Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12
I tried doing a search for this but the results page just kept coming up as an error.

First off, I've noticed Bullguard keeps blocking various things I try to download. I know that's in my best interest but the majority of the time these files are safe and from secure websites and it still blocks them. I recently needed a codec pack for one of my video players and it blocked me from downloading it. Is there anyway to turn this off? I tried turning off both firewall and antivirus at one point to try but it had no affect.

Also this morning I woke up to a message saying my googletalk uninstall item had a 'virus' and it was cleaned and quarantined. Now I tried searching on yahoo and google to see what this virus was but it came up with no search results. Is this simply a false positive? The virus it said it had was: Trojan.Generic.1454244

I sent a report for it anyway but I'm just curious.
Posted 3/8/2009 2:54 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
Hello,

First of all, without examples of this possible false positive files to send them to our virus analysts, we cannot help you. Tell me what was your conclusion after the interactions with the Support Team.

Also, it is normal to not find anything on google if you search a virus after his name, because every security product has his own names for the same infection. Next time, when you are trying to find infos about a certain malware, please try to search using the name of infected file.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 6:34 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,972 posts in 13,696 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,682 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, frosty.
479 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.