bullguard is stopping my install

Posted 10/31/2018 7:05 PM

nilsisak Member

Date Joined Oct 2018
Total Posts: 1
Hi. Bullguard in putting some program files/install files in quarantine even though I try to check the folders as "avoid" when I try to move them back I get an error. Is there anyone who has had the same problem who could help me? Thank you in advance
Posted 11/1/2018 9:35 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 746

Hello and thank you for reporting this issue.

To ensure your programs have the correct exclusion, follow these steps:

1. Open BullGuard using the icon from the desktop or by going to Programs > BullGuard

2. Click on Settings from the top, then Advanced from the top.

3. Click Antivirus from the left and turn it off.

4. Click on the BullGuard logo at the top, to return to the main screen, and click on the three dots button from the Antivirus box and choose Quarantine.

5. Check the box next to the file and press the Restore button.

6. Click on the Settings button on the top again, select Antivirus again and then select Tuning under it.

7. Check the box for "Skip files/folders" and click on "files/folders", then click on the + button and add the folder the program is in (but also any ProgramData and AppData folders the application may be using.

8. Check the box for "Skip specific processed", click on "processes", and click on the + button to add the executable files of your program.

9. Turn the Antivirus back on.

Skipping step 8 will mean that, even if the real time engine will leave the program alone, the behavior of the program will still trigger alerts.

The correct approach would be to click on "Report false positive" when you know for a fact the program you are running is safe.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Head of Customer Support
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 8:55 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,677 posts in 13,587 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,417 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Brian476.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.