Constant scanning

Posted 10/29/2009 8:58 PM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 16
I am trialing this as an alternative to Kaspersky and like it a lot. However it is CONSTANTLY scanning and driving me mad! Even though I have a quiet hard drive. Is there any way to stop this constant scanning - and also to pause a computer scan after I have started it? :eyes:
Posted 10/30/2009 8:24 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 273
Have you disabled Kaspersky before running Bullguard? Two security systems running together can conflict. For example, I found that running Widows Defender together with Bullguard caused my Bullguard scans to go on for hours at a time. Maybe that is the answer to your problem.
Posted 10/30/2009 8:45 AM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thanks. Naturally I uninstalled Kaspersky first! But a good point about WD as I went to do a scan last night and it went on forever. I shall disable WD if I can find it in Win 7! But that is not the answer I think to the ongoing scan from Bullguard with no way to turn it off without turning off protection, or of pausing a scan ( which Kaspersky does )
Posted 10/30/2009 9:12 AM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thank ou for the tip about WD - that has quietened things down a lot! Now I need to do a scan again and see how long it is! BUT is there a way to pause the scan? And has Bullguard not heard about tool tips? It is very frustrating to hover on an icon and it does not tell you what it is!
Posted 10/30/2009 1:41 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 273
As far as I can see, there is no way to pause a Bullguard scan once it has started. If you click on 'Stop scanning' and then resume, the scan will start again from the beginning. I know it is impossible to compare computers but I find my full weekly scan usually takes about 1 hour and a quick daily scan about 5-8 minutes. I keep Windows Defender updated and occasionally switch on to do a scan; making sure I exit the programme after so that it does not run in the background.

I have used Bullguard for about two years now - it does have its own strange ways but I have had very few issues to complain about and automatic updates are very frequent.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, January 20, 2022, 2:31 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,946 posts in 13,685 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,662 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Star1.
97 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.