Firewall question

Posted 1/14/2009 12:10 AM

Farferello Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12
I apologize if this is a really stupid/obvious question.

I only recently started the trial version and I was wondering if the Firewall that comes with the Internet Security program will do the same/similar job as the Firewall that comes with Windows XP. The reason I ask is that my Windows Firewall no longer turns on (and I've tried everything I can to change that) and I was looking into Bullguard before that and thought I'd try it out.

So would the firewall that comes with this work just as well? I'm just a little paranoid, so sorry again if this is a stupid question.

-Far
Posted 1/14/2009 5:19 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
Hello

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers ;-)

The Firewall that comes with the Internet Security program will do a better job than Windows Firewall.

It is normal Bullguard will have turned Windows Firewal Off. So, don´t try to turn it on, as they will conflict.

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 1/14/2009 6:39 AM

Farferello Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12
Okay, thank you for letting me know. :) I can't turn on Windows Firewall anyway, so hopefully there will be no conflict issues. Thanks for the answer.
Posted 1/14/2009 6:55 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
My pleasure :smile:

"In general, we strongly discourage the use of more than one firewall product at any one time."

If you have any comments, feel free to post back

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, January 20, 2022, 3:36 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,946 posts in 13,685 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,662 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Star1.
96 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.