How do I quarantine a file manually?

Posted 1/5/2015 2:32 AM

Dave256 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hello. I've recently found a file called 'trojan file.rtf' which I'm slightly worried about and would like to quarantine. I ran a scan and Bull guard didn't pick it up and then scanned the file itself and Bullguard came up with no issue, but I'm still wary of it. How do I move this to be quarantined so I'm at ease of mind? Thanks
Posted 1/5/2015 3:01 AM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 422
Hi Dave256,

Simply delete the file using Shift and Delete instead of Delete.
Note that most likely the file is not dangerous, as no malware name its files "trojan". Moreover, the file extension (rtf = rich text format) is associated with text documents.
You can upload the file on VirusTotal and have it scanned with over 50 antivirus programs.

Cheers!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: https://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 1/5/2015 3:34 AM

Dave256 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Thank you for such a swift reply. I will give that a go :)
Posted 1/6/2015 10:15 AM

NorthPole Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 176
Robert's suggestion will of course permanently delete the file; the OP was concerned that the file was unsafe and wanted to quarantine it, just in case it was safe and was needed at a later time. Renaming and/or moving to another 'neutral' folder would have allowed this.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 4:34 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,726 posts in 13,615 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,492 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, dragontattoo.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.