Mighty Max 2014 needs removal

Posted 10/4/2014 2:55 PM

Calamity J Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 6
:cry: Hi, new here...I need some direction in the removal of Might Max 2014. It has taken over almost all my internal computer. I can't get my virus protector on Avast or turn on my windows media...anytime I try to utilize my standard programs or software..this Mighty Max 2014 pops up and gives me info that reads {{windows was unable to open program because file extention exe.is damaged. Also little warnings that this is not a win32 program...something like that. I have tried to do restore points even in safe mode...yikes. the only thing I can do is manage to go thru a small window on the bottom of my screen that takes me to google search and I manage to get around on the internet. Help ty
Posted 10/4/2014 5:36 PM

Hamlet Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 18
Hi. Sorry to hear you are having problems. You should try using Google to search for and download Malwarebyes or Hitman Pro. Both of those are specialized anti-malware programs that might be able to help get the bad program off your computer.
Posted 10/4/2014 7:22 PM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 422
Hi Calamity J,

First uninstall "PC Mighty Max" from your Control Panel.
Secondly, download AdwCleaner from here and run a scan with it.
Finally, a MalwareBytes scan should remove any leftovers.

If your are unable to open .exe files, save the attached tool on your computer and right click on it ->Install.

Cheers!
Post attachments:
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: https://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 10/4/2014 11:14 PM

Calamity J Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Sorry, I can't even see Mighty Max to uninstall from the control panel or programs and features..it seems to be hidden. all I am able to do is go to task management and remove...but it comes right back as soon as I try to do any manipulation with my programs. I saw once when I removed via task management it went to the recycle bin and I removed that just to have it appear again.
I get a lot of exe. is not a valid Win32 application....I am not very computer savy...but I think this Mighty Max is a monster....
Posted 10/5/2014 2:13 AM

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi Calamity J,

I am very sorry to hear that.
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. To do this, restart the PC and press the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo appears. Using the arrow keys, select "Safe Mode with Networking" and press [Enter].
Download Combofix from here and save it on your Desktop. Once the download completes, make file extensions visible as shown here. Finally, rename Combofix.exe in CF.com and run it as administrator.
During the scan, do not open any programs or browsers. Restart your computer in Normal Mode after the log is displayed.
From normal mode, follow the steps from my previous post. If you still experience difficulties running .exe files, run the ExeFix.inf tool.

Post the logs on your next reply so I can have a more information regarding the situation.

Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: https://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 10/5/2014 5:52 PM

Calamity J Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
hello Robert...thank you so much for all your help. I pretty much did everything you showed me. But still not getting any further with the exe.file. Everytime I try and downlowd, I get the Mighty Max telling me the same thing. anyhow here is the the log...I hope this might move me closer to taking out that darn Mighty Max..
Posted 10/6/2014 1:26 PM

Calamity J Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I am trying to get the log to you. been having problems..[url] You cannot upload files that use MIME type : text/plain This is what I get when I try to upload the log
Posted 10/6/2014 5:00 PM

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi Calamity J,

I am afraid you have not posted any logs.

You can modify the shell key manually by opening regedit (press Windows key and R -in the same time, type regedit, press Enter] and going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\Shell. Delete all extra data beside "explorer.exe". I have attached a screenshot of the default value of the "Shell" key.

Cheers!
Post attachments:
Untitled.png
Robert Mateescu
www.bullguard.com

Posted 10/9/2014 9:36 PM

Calamity J Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello Robert, this is what pops up in little warning popup when I try to run regedit or download. Or click on any of my personal programs.

C:\Windows\regedit.exe is not a valid Win32 application

I was able to locate the Mighty Max 2014 and uninstall it...I caught it through my task manager and right clicked on it. I'm not getting pop ups from Mighty Max anyway. I have been trying everything you sent...but I am unable to run alot of my stuff..very unsure of this Win32 application.. could you suggest..thank you
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, November 21, 2019, 5:40 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,740 posts in 13,621 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,539 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, portia1.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.