New to Bullguard

Posted 2/19/2008 12:14 PM

REDRAT Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi Fellow Bullguardians,
Just joined the forum and would like to say hello. I have been usiing Bullguard for my Internet Security for around 6 months and its GREAT! I used to use AVG Free edition but it never really did the job, it took Bullguard around 5 hours when i first did a complete scan and it came up with several problems that AVG couldnt deal with, and Bullguard sorted em without any trouble. :lol: I am truly converted !

The truth is out there!

Regards

Robby
Posted 3/6/2008 6:18 AM

horatio Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi This is Horatio -

I really don't know where to 'but' in here, but I have tried a program called PC MightMax and been advised that it creates spyware so that it can look good, and I found that some folks were having trouble taking it off of their computer--which I did not. I think one reason that I rarely have trouble uninstalling a downloaded program is that I ALWAY save the download to a file on an external hard drive and install from that file,. At any rate, I had no trouble uninstalling PC MightMax. Having said that, it really did clean up my computer, and I am wondering what the big problem with it is? Also, I am using Avast! Antivirus at the present time, and really am in the market for a program which also cleans up my files, which it does not do. Okay, I have had my say. Am I n the right place, and next time I will be much, much shorter. Cheers, Horatio
Posted 3/6/2008 10:38 AM

Reeker Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
@ Horatio this forum is only for Bullguard users.It has nothing to do with your problem. :nono: :mad:
Posted 3/6/2008 1:37 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
Hello Reeker :smile:

It is a free forum for all, not only Bullguard users ;-)

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 3/11/2008 12:58 AM

sam20 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Please can someone tell me how to allow activation of bullgaurd on my computer, the request from bullgaurd is username and password where do i register for these to activate bullgaurd.
Posted 3/11/2008 2:58 PM

Virago Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 81
Your Username is just your email address, and you use a password of your own choice. See step 4 of this guide.

https://www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides/installation.aspx
Posted 3/11/2008 9:30 PM

sam20 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi virago,. thank you for taking the time to answer my question.x
Posted 3/24/2008 8:58 AM

peket_20 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
hi, i'm new in all this modern computer, it etc.. maybe coz my country still livin in different situation from u'll in here. but surely i joined this forum coz i wanna learn more bout d cyberworld, d hazzard n d longivity of all this. hope u all could teach me a bout all this.. thank you.

err.. moderator, where should i paste all d log file that u require for me join this antivirus forum??
Posted 3/24/2008 9:08 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
Hi peket_20

You don´t have to post any log files, unless you think you have some infections ?

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 3/27/2008 10:08 PM

CSHabig1 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I found this site by searching the web for help with UNinstalling PCMightyMax. My husband is livid with me for downloading it in the first place.....stalls/hangs pc all the time. I printed out Mcurrier1's directions and I'm going to try them tomorrow. Now my question: How do I know what damage has been done, or if it has brought a virus/trojan with it? I need a good (hopefully free or low cost) virus scan/cleaner....any recommendations?

Also, (and I promise this will be all for now) please advise me if I should leave Foxfire on pc -- this is something that my bro-in-law installed when he was here visiting and I'm not sure if this is some of my problems or not. If seems to me all of our problems began with PCMM.

Thanks bunches for taking the time to reply.
Posted 4/5/2008 3:59 PM

Keltic Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 80
"CSHabig1" wrote: I found this site by searching the web for help with UNinstalling PCMightyMax. My husband is livid with me for downloading it in the first place.....stalls/hangs pc all the time. I printed out Mcurrier1's directions and I'm going to try them tomorrow. Now my question: How do I know what damage has been done, or if it has brought a virus/trojan with it? I need a good (hopefully free or low cost) virus scan/cleaner....any recommendations?

Also, (and I promise this will be all for now) please advise me if I should leave Foxfire on pc -- this is something that my bro-in-law installed when he was here visiting and I'm not sure if this is some of my problems or not. If seems to me all of our problems began with PCMM.

Thanks bunches for taking the time to reply.

leave firefox on ,it generally is more secure than IE to use.

All fully updated and virus free.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 6:56 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,750 posts in 13,625 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,552 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, joshep.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.