The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Picasa2 doesn't detect my dvd drive

Posted 1/29/2007 11:08 PM

skip2000s Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
It all started with "explorer .exe" not responding all the time. I tried to install Free Ram XP pro to maybe take some strain off things. I've been having a lot of problems with a lot of programs "not resp." I guess I missplaced the folder from the 1st install a while back.Free Ram said it couldn't run with folder still in limbo. One thing led to another and advice told me to change "msconfig". Wound up fixing 1 problem after another, digging deeper hole. :jumpin: :skull: ...

I think I really messed up msconfig.For awhile my system didn't even recognize any cd rom or dvd rom. I got that fixed, and now Picasa keeps telling me it can't detect burner. Most other things seem somewhat fine, although I haven't been all over. I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many programs, thinking they were the blame, that I'm getting mixed up. :confused:

I've never pressed a key on a computer before last January and I'm still getting familiar with things.

I downloaded Bullguard and scanned my system and found 1 virus and 1 suspected file. After 6 attempts Bullguard finally "fixed" them.

[color=red>Virus: ]

Suspect: Behaveslike:Trojan.Downloader[/color][/b]

[color=orange>[/b]

"Hijack This"for figuring out a lot of info, but is it free and would it help??
Posted 2/20/2007 4:36 PM

Advisor Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
Hey there.
No you do not need to install Windows again. : )

Just run a regulate scan from time to time, install some tools like Spybot and Ad-Aware Personal Edition from Lavasoft. They are both free and you may find them usefull.

Hijackthis! is free also but it's for advanced users. Nevertheless if you ever have any questions related to it, post it here or send it to me and I'll solve it for you. Cheers.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:13 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
48 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.