Problem at Startup

Posted 1/15/2010 1:02 AM

Colere Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hello all, recently i installed Bullguard Gamers Edition (2 Month Trial). After installing I restarted my computer (as required). After logging back in, i noticed my computer running slower than normal. After waiting about a minute and a half, i started to receive error messages from different applications. So i proceeded into Bullguard thinking that it might be a problem with the firewall and just needed some adjusting. So i went in and tried allowing access to Firefox witch i had received an error message from. When i allowed Firefox i tried to open it up, after waiting a while i got an error message saying Firefox could not start up. I tried restarting Firefox, but still got the same error. I then tried the same thing with Google Chrome, got the same error. None of my browsers wanted to start up. But i tried this on my other applications (Xfire, Utorrent, etc...) and kept getting the error message This application was unable to start and needs to close. I tried updating and did multiple restarts and such. I have no other anti virus software installed. All of this occurred after logging in. My computer specs are below.

Side note: After uninstalling Bullguard my computer works fine.

My System Specifications:

* Operating system:Windows 2.5.2.3790 (SP 2)
* CPU type:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz
* CPU Speed (GHz):2.687
* System memory (GB):3.999
* Graphics card model:NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
* Graphics card driver:nv4_disp.dll
* Desktop resolution:1280x960
* Hard disk size (GB):465.752 (Originally 500GB but corrupted after power outage here)
* Hard disk free space (GB):182.868
Posted 1/16/2010 6:37 AM

Colere Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Can anyone help at all?
Posted 1/22/2010 9:14 AM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
In order to check if the problem is BullGuard related and, if so, which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue, here is what I recommend:

1. Double-click on the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and open the application.
2. Go to the Antivirus section > Protection tab and turn off the On-Access Protection.
3. Check if the issue persists.
4. Go to the Firewall section > Overview tab and disable this BullGuard engine.
5. Test if the problem is still there.
6. Go to the SpamFilter section > Overview tab and disable this BullGuard engine, as well.
7. Check if the problem persists.
8. Right-click the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and select "Close".
9. Disable the entire application and check if the problem is still there.

Please get back to us communicating the results and which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue. Also, very important, I recommend that after taking these steps you re-enable BullGuard from the Start > All Programs list and turn back on the Antivirus and Firewall plugins, for your machine's protection.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, December 16, 2019, 5:47 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,754 posts in 13,626 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,556 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, aniaaa.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.