Thunderbird instead of Outlook

Posted 9/10/2007 10:52 AM

Bell1958 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi,

does anybody know how to get rid of the pre-installed search for viruses in outlook? I use thunderbird - and can't define a regular scan through my emails because of this. Please give me a hint, how to do it!

Thanks
Bell
Posted 9/18/2007 5:18 PM

hazbie Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hello Bell

As far as I know you cannot delete the pre-installed scans, but you can set up a custom scan to scan the Thunderbird emails:

ensure you have the hidden folders set in explorer before starting this

When in the predifined scan page click on the '+' button near the bottom left of the page, here you can give the scan a name and select the folders that you want too be scanned, the file path you require should be like this if your install was pretty much on the defaults

"root drive":\Documents and Settings\"logon/profile name"\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles

If you selet this along with it's sub folders that will scan your emails for Thunderbird, and you can just ignore the pre-installed if you dont use outlook.

Regards
Hazbie
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, August 17, 2018, 12:19 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,647 posts in 13,575 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,368 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, seomelon01.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.