Zombie invasion removal

Posted 1/20/2015 4:51 PM

mike4369 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 4
Newby to the forum so please bear with me. I have downloaded the 30 trial of Premium in the hope that it would find where Zombie is hiding and may be get rid of it - but no luck. I'm getting ads on this page as Itype!!!!! Will the paid for BullGuard version do the trick? I tried another prog from Spyhunter which did pick up zombie and several many other trojans and PUPs but I was not convinced by it. Any help most welcome
Posted 1/20/2015 7:53 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 273
The trial version is what it says and will be no different from the fully paid up version.
You just get 30days trial, then you can decide to pay for a year's subscription.
You may need to do several full scans before the malware shows up.
You can also try the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware - get that from www.malwarebytes.org.
Again, several full scans may be needed.

Good luck.
Posted 1/21/2015 10:49 AM

mike4369 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thanks for the reply. The reason for my question was that when I tried the Spyhunter feebee it came up with the Zombie problem almost as soon as it started to scan then continued to identify (1500+ I think) other malware/spyware problems. Having then read that Bullguard was recommended as the "Industry Standard" and comparing prices I thought I would give it a go. Despite running Bullguard several times it still does not seem to identify what Spyhunter did. I have tried free trial antivirus before and it has identified problems but would only fix a limited number without registering and buying. It seems sometimes that one has to buy several programmes in order to fully cure problems and that each one has its own particular way of doing things. Confused is what I am!!!
Posted 1/22/2015 8:13 PM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 422
Hi Mike,

These type of programs are not infections. They are classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and are usually installed once with other programs.
You can download AdwCleaner (which is free and does not need to be installed) from here.
Run the tool and press scan. At the end of the scan, the "Clean" button will be available. Press it and agree to all prompts.

Post the log (which will be displayed after restart) and an update of your issue.

Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: https://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 1/22/2015 8:35 PM

mike4369 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
When i click the link I save the download but when I try RUN an error message comes up with "AdwCleaner.exe is not a valid Win32 application" WHY?
Posted 1/23/2015 4:19 PM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 422
Hi Mike,

Please open your BullGuard program and go to Settings ->Antivirus ->Off.
Download AdwCleaner and run it.
The issue is caused by the fact that the new version of AdwCleaner is currently detected as potentially harmful. The detection will be removed as soon as possible.

Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: https://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 1/23/2015 4:43 PM

mike4369 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I have cured the problem - thanks for all the rerplies
Posted 2/26/2015 9:13 AM

feb26 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 5:22 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,726 posts in 13,615 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,492 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, dragontattoo.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.