Bullguard and SQL Server 2014

Posted 12/3/2016 11:18 AM

Tipz2k16 Member

Date Joined Dec 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi

There seems to be a issue with the latest version of Bullguard 17.0.326.4 and installing SQL Server 2014 databases, when you run the installer it gets to SQLEngineConfigAction_install_confignonrc_CPU64 then throws up a error message saying attempted to perform an unauthorised operation, click retry, i've noticed this problem on multiple machines recently, and if you uninstall bullguard during this stage, you can click retry and it completes the installation. I don't want to be uninstalling bulllguard everytime i have to do this, is there anyway of fully killing bullguard and all its services temporarliy to see if it can be bypassed. Or otherwise can you fix this problem ASAP, or otherwise i will have to look to use a different product.

Thanks
Posted 10/1/2017 11:01 AM

wilfredb Member

Date Joined Oct 2017
Total Posts: 1
Same problem here. Running Bullguard for some time now without any problems, but now I'm not able to install SQL Server 2014. Fails with error "setup error: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation". I disabled antivirus and excluded the SQL installation- and target folders - but no luck. Don't want to uninstall Bullguard completely. How to proceed?
Posted 10/10/2017 9:07 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 797
Hello and welcome to our forum,

Please report this to suport, via Live Chat (or e-mail if you prefer), so the agents can get your logs and eascalate the issue.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 10/2/2019 9:16 AM

Slipoch Member

Date Joined Oct 2019
Total Posts: 2
Guys it's be great if you could post a solution, I am having issues with a computer with the exact same error message and bullguard with SQL Express 2008 (legacy software), how would we go about getting this on with a minimum of fuss?
Posted 10/2/2019 9:30 AM

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi Slipoch and welcome to our forum!

There is no easy answer to this issue, unfortunately. We need your BullGuard logs to determine what the problem is. Based on that we can provide further instructions and/or a workaround.

Please contact our support via Live Chat or email. You can easily access our chat from the BullGuard program > Support > Chat.

We're here 24/7.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 10/3/2019 1:55 AM

Slipoch Member

Date Joined Oct 2019
Total Posts: 2
The only issue is that I am not the client, this is for a client of ours who cannot install our software and in 15/16 years it is the only time this message has appeared.

A relevant possibility is how to completely disable all of bullguard without uninstalling so that we can definitively prove that it is interference from the program.

Once we get access again we may be able to supply the logs, where are they stored?

From scouring the internet it looks like registry entries SQL Express 2008 uses when installing are being protected or altered by BullGuard, what are the possibilities of your program doing this and what are the possible workarounds so if this happens again we have a more elegant solution? Or better yet is there a way to get bullguard to 'allow' the install of this software.

Regards,

Damien Holley
Posted 10/3/2019 6:02 PM

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi Damien,

The first step of pinpointing the issue is to disable each plugin (Antivirus, Firewall, and so on) from the Settings, one by one, to find out which one is causing the issue.

The logs are generated from BullGuard > Support > Send logs. Alternatively you can also generate them locally, by going to Local disk C: > Program Files > BullGuard > Support > and run CollectLogs.bat. The logs are then placed on the desktop.

However, in this particular case, I would advise the customer to contact us directly, to speed up the process. We can connect to their computer remotely disgnose the issue, collect the logs and sample, if necessary, and help the customer with a workaround if it exists (depending on the issue).

If the customer allows you remote access to their computer, you can then contact Chat yourself for the remote session with us and you can watch what we do so you know next time.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, October 18, 2019, 9:01 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,732 posts in 13,617 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,527 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, luse.angus.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.