Keep fighting for
your privacy

Bullguard completely deleting files WITHOUT CONSENT

Posted 1/7/2021 5:17 PM

Zekrow112 Member

Date Joined Jan 2021
Total Posts: 1
I had spent the last day downloading a bunch of personal files - none of it is malware or anything. When I tried running a program it detected it as malware and quarantined it. Ok. I'm used to that and simply made it skip the files. Everything worked great for the rest of the day.

Next day I wake up to find out that BULLGUARD DELETED EVERYTHING WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. It's not in quarantine. It's not in recycling. Bullguard literally deleted a days worth of downloading FOR NO REASON. Why the hell did it do that? How can I get my damn files back quickly? I even checked my permissions and it has the audacity to say "filename---.exe" is ALLOWED. BUT IT'S NOT? I checked in activity. Nothing. I am so frustrated by this ridiculous antivirus it's already enough that near everything I use I have to "skip folder" but now it's deleting my files out of nowhere? 

If there is an option to disable this insane feature and better yet recover my files that would be great. 
Posted 1/8/2021 7:33 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 843
Hello and welcome to our forum!

Please allow me to start by saying that I understand how this situation is frustrating. However, I find it suspicious that you say BullGuard deleted your files, but never logged this. How do you know it was BullGuard if nothing was logged then? Details are missing.

Are you positive that all these files you say you downloaded are 100% clean and you did not mistakenly whitelist something that's suspicious? How did you make sure? Again, details are missing.

We cannot properly troubleshoot this issue via the forum. Please contact us via support@bullguard.com to answer the two questions above, so we can start the troubleshooting procedure and find out what happened. Make sure you mention this forum post, so the support agents have a complete picture of your situation

Also, I advise against taking steps on your own at this point, as the more you fiddle with the PC, the less the chance to recover your files.

Rest assured we will assist you as much as possible, to try and get everything back and running for you.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 2:12 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,845 posts in 13,656 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,598 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, tpg.
There are currently no users on-line.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.