Bullguard firewall is becoming useless, it allows a program through to only get blocked by windows firewall.

Posted 7/31/2018 2:57 AM

kjl Advanced member

Date Joined Jul 2017
Total Posts: 37
Bullguard firewall is becoming useless, it allows a program through to only get blocked by windows firewall.

Get 95% of programs that are whitlisted by bgfw to only get blocked by wfw, what is the use of having two 

that do not work together or at all ????

Fix this or remove the product all together.

As a note; sending log files through the bg app failes after collecting  data is finished, stuck on sending for hours.
Posted 7/31/2018 6:10 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 842

Thank you for providing feedback!

BullGuard has decided to leave low level rules to Windows Firewall, because this approach is not only very safe, but also speeds up traffic and uses very little resources.

This approach however, also means BullGuard cannot control Windows Firewall for you, as that would be a huge vulnerability. Just immagine if Windows would allow BullGuard to modify/add/delete Windows Firewall rules, what would keep a hacker from impersonating BullGuard and making unwanted changes? Nothing. So Windows doesn't allow it for good reason.

To keep the analogy I made when I have explained things in the past in this forum, low level rules (Windows Firewall) is a "simple" filter of packes, like a bodyguard at a club, asking for an ID to check if the person is overage. BullGuard will check if the application (the "person") has malicious intent, or is doing unwanted things.

What happened with those applications you mention was that BullGuard scanned them allowed them ("it recognized the persons as being good"). However, Windows Firewall "saw they did not have an ID", so it blocked them.

I understand why you see this as not beeing user friendly and I will pass on your feedback.

We are aware that some logs reach us with great delay and we are already working on a fix for this. Thank you!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Head of Customer Support
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 7/31/2018 8:12 PM

kjl Advanced member

Date Joined Jul 2017
Thanks for the feedback on this.
Posted 8/6/2018 6:23 AM

kjl Advanced member

Date Joined Jul 2017
Well as it is right now 99% of programs that bgf lets through are then questiond by widows firewall.

Think bg needs to fix this or remove the program all togther as it is not doing much good.

Also you need to be able to add pic without a url past as this is rediclious we can't past from out pc

this is not a broswer issue but your sight not letting it take place

Posted 8/6/2018 4:48 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 842

Thank you for the feedback!

I recommend using https://imgbb.com/ when posting pics.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Head of Customer Support
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, January 21, 2021, 3:39 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,843 posts in 13,655 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,596 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, petersmith98.
There are currently no users on-line.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.