It’s tough to beat a great defence. Up to 20% OFF!

BullGuard installation issue

Posted 6/6/2018 8:11 PM

amit.singh Member

Date Joined Jun 2018
Total Posts: 1
I purchased BullGuard today via Amazon. After downloading the manager, the installation file was downloaded. I started the installation and since four - five hours, "Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package (x64)...." is getting installed. I understand that there are several packages to be installed within Visual C++ but even an OS installation doesn't take this long. I am trying to install this AV on Windows 7 ultimate, with C2D Processor and 8GB RAM. 

I never faced any issue with my previous AV for three years, and the AV from BullGuard is giving issues starting from the installation. Don't know what'll happen in future! I am repenting this purchase already.

Amit
Posted 6/7/2018 12:28 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 732
Hello Amit and welcome to our forum!

I suspect the redistributable package is having issues installing. Try to install the Visual C++ Redistributable package you are missing directly from Microsoft. BullGuard will detect you have it and use it.

Here you have a list with all Visual C++Redistributable packages on Microsoft official page, in case you are missing other packages as well: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Note: You need to scroll down the page to see the full list of packages and their download links.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Deputy Head of Customer Support
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, June 23, 2018, 12:00 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,616 posts in 13,566 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,336 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Hpprintersupport.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.