BullGuard pricing for existing customers !

Posted 9/19/2020 4:48 PM

CJT1963 Member

Date Joined Sep 2020
Total Posts: 1

As an existing customer, using BullGuard Premium, when it comes to renewal costs, this always seems to be greater in price than if one was a new customer. For instance, BullGuard Premium price on the website = £69.00. I had an e-mail from BULLGUARD today, stating a 25% discount. I clicked on the link, but couldn't see where the 25% discount was mentioned for BullGuard Premium 2020 i.e. 25% off £69.00 = £51.75. I then went to my GOOGLE HOME page, clicked a search for the Bullguard website & found a better discount of £28.00, see link below:-

https://shop.bullguard.com/1316/?scope=checkout&id=6FknDSv8Oc&x-affiliate=cj&x-affiliate_33=cj&x-subsource=respbullgrd.820125_63427475&x-source=respbullgrd.820125_63427475

It seems existing customers with these renewal links are shown a different website pricing to new customers. I also found when you're a customer, theres an auto-renew that needs turning off, else if you forget, you get charged a premium price after the contract year.

As there doesn't appear to be any loyalty for existing customers in this regard, I guess it's best to let your BULLGUARD product expire & just purchase a new licence as a new customer ? all seems very confusing.

Posted 10/9/2020 2:04 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 838
At BullGuard, we sell our products directly to customers through our online shop. We also partner up with online and offline (retail) shops, who receive BullGuard products to sell on to their customers.

We have a recommended price which reflects the value of the product, and this is the price we sell it for through our web shop.

Our Marketing team has implemented a loyalty program that runs automatically, to ensure that loyal customers receive a discount for their renewal purchase. Occasionally, we also have campaigns that are designed to attract new customers which, sometimes, include better discounts (Black Friday is a good example). Our partners may also sell BullGuard with offers of their own, or in bundles with other products.

If we were to set the system to match the lowest price at any given time we would have to change the pricing continuously, probably leaving some customers feeling cheated because the price they bought at yesterday had suddenly been lowered. In addition, it would complicate matters for our partners. We would also not be able to cover our production costs and would end up going out of business.

To compensate for this tricky problem and because we do highly value our customers, we allow existent users and recommend it whenever possible, to renew their subscription using the best offer they can find, online or offline, from us or from our partners.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 7:58 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,838 posts in 13,651 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,583 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, TalonsFate.
There are currently no users on-line.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.