Concern about gradually increasing fees

Posted 12/14/2017 2:12 PM

SWhite Member

Date Joined Dec 2017
Total Posts: 1
I received a free subscription of Bullguard Internet Security with my new PC at the beginning of 2014 (January).

When it came time for renewal for 2015 and 2016, the fee was approximately £13. The product included a 1-year fee for 1 computer, plus a 100MB backup. That bumped up to £34 for 2017 but this time did not include a 100MB backup included in previous renewals (I wasn't too bothered though, since I never had to use it).

This time, for 2018, Bullguard is asking for £45. I realise it's current retail price is almost £50. Is it possible then that my fee is being normalised with the standard price? I'd have no problem with this if this is the case.

Even still, I'm growing concerned that Bullguard's fees will continue to increase, beyond the standard retail price, to the point where it becomes almost impossible to purchase.

My PC's security is obviously very important to me, and I'd be willing to pay the fee, but the rising price is putting me off a bit. I just want some assurance that, come a few more years down the line, I'm not going to be paying almost £100 for the same product I've had a license for since 2014.

I'd hate to have to abandon Bullguard for a cheaper anti-virus software because I've had such a good experience with it so far.
Posted 12/14/2017 2:36 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 808
Hello and welcome to our forum!

Thank you for posting your concern and allowing us to reply.

At BullGuard, we sell our products directly to customers through our online shop. We also partner up with online and offline (retail) shops, who receive BullGuard products to sell on to their customers.

We have a recommended price which reflects the value of the product, and this is the price we sell it for through our web shop.

The changes you see in your renewal rates reflect the various discounts you have bought BullGuard with.

Our Marketing team has implemented a loyalty program that runs automatically, to ensure that loyal customers receive a discount for their renewal purchase. Occasionally, we also have campaigns that are designed to attract new customers which, sometimes, include better discounts (Black Friday is a good example). Our partners may also sell BullGuard with offers of their own, or in bundles with other products.

If we were to set the system to match the lowest price at any given time we would have to change the pricing continuously, probably leaving some customers feeling cheated because the price they bought at yesterday had suddenly been lowered. In addition, it would complicate matters for our partners. We would also not be able to cover our production costs and would end up going out of business.

To compensate for this tricky problem and because we do highly value our customers, we allow existent users and recommend it whenever possible, to renew their subscription using the best offer they can find, online or offline, from us or from our partners.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 12/14/2017 2:40 PM

NorthPole Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 176
Andreea-Luciana Ostache wrote:

To compensate for this tricky problem and because we do highly value our customers, we allow existent users and recommend it whenever possible, to renew their subscription using the best offer they can find, online or offline, from us or from our partners.

And don't forget that you can renew at any time, not just immediately before your subscription expires. So if BullGuard are offering a special deal (as they frequently do), it's a good idea to take advantage of it!
Posted 12/17/2017 6:02 AM

kjl Advanced member

Date Joined Jul 2017
Total Posts: 37
So after talking to a BG CS rep. a few months back when deciding if I wanted to extend my sub..

The answer I recived was the loest BG sub. was for x amount of devices, think it was 10.

I have 4 devices, so 10 is overkill for me and from what I have seen in the fourm, it does not suppot

phones.

The price is going up and some of the new things do not work well with  wifi connected devices., lan does not have the 

same isses.

We will more than likly never see a better firewall as in the past, so can not justify the $$$$.

Durring major north american holidays, always see BG adds to buy at x discount ????
Posted 12/26/2017 2:35 PM

telboy911 Member

Date Joined Dec 2017
Total Posts: 5
Hi,

I find this website
Software License Purchase very good, it is genuine as I have used it myself.

I had similar issues with Bitdefender (worse in fact) and had a BIG falling out after I email Bitdefender several times to STOP the Auto-Renewal, and even after receiving an assurance that auto-renewal was removed, guess what…. Yep BD still went straight down my bank account at the renewal date and took the maximum purchase price for the product. Yes I got the money back, but I was outraged at their audacity even after I had confirmation it would not happen!

Terry

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, December 14, 2019, 4:34 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,753 posts in 13,626 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,555 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, alexistexas12.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.