How to stop Bullguard from quarantining false positives?

Posted 1/27/2018 6:54 PM

Leiska Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 6
I'm trying to test Monero mining on my home computer with Bullguard on it, but Bullguard seems to insist the mining software is a trojan even though it's widely used by the mining community in question. 

Your support page says there should be a way to do the following: "Click on Report False Positive to continue using the application if you consider it was a "false positive" detection case. You can report any "false positive" cases to us and we will whitelist any legitimate programs. Otherwise, you can Quarantine the file until further notice to prevent any damage to your computer."

That option, however, is not available in the popup and restoring the file from quarantine immediately sends it back. Very infuriating. I'd rather not disable the program entirely just to make this work one time.

What to do?
Posted 1/27/2018 9:32 PM

Cazuchi Member

Date Joined Jan 2018
Total Posts: 3
Hi,

I had this problem once and had to Google the solution, so hopefully I can help with this.

Go into settings and choose "advanced" in the top right hand corner.

Then click on Antivirus in the menu on the left hand side and turn off antivirus protection.

Then go to Quarantine and restore the file.

Go back into your settings under Antivirus > Tuning and put a check mark next to "Skip files/folders".

Then click on "files/folders", click on the + icon in the new window that opens up, navigate to the file and click ok to add it to the list of skipped files.

Then turn the antivirus protection back on and it shouldn't quarantine that file anymore.
Posted 1/29/2018 10:29 PM

Leiska Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 6
Thanks! That seems to have solved the issue.
Posted 4/29/2019 10:27 PM

najd Member

Date Joined Apr 2019
Total Posts: 1
This is the worst antivirus ever used, at first stop a lot of programs by quarantining false positives, after that i could not reach google, amazon, bing and others by its buggy safe browsing, also it is so buggy software, installed one day and uninstalled at last with happiness, this antivirus more worse than a virus.
Posted 5/1/2019 2:20 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 789

I am sorry for your negative experience, but that's not at all how BullGuard works, so I would be more than happy to investigate. Maybe you can start a thread of your own.

Do you have any other security programs installed? Do you have any other Safe Browsing addons? Did you use any tweaking tools for your PC?

In my experience, what you are describing sounds a lot more like a bunch of underlying issues and conflicts that are local to your computer.

False positive detection is rare and it commonly happens when the program/programs you install or update is/are not signed. File Signature Verification (FSV) is part of Windows File Protection's (WFP's) file-checking process.

Another good way to check whether a file or site is a false positive detection is by checking it on Virustotal https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

In any case, it takes a maximum of 72 hours to remove a falsely detected file or URL (usually just a few hours, but it depends on our availability/possibility) and we do our best to not have false positive detections at all.

Last but not least, exceptions are exceptions and should be treated as such. If you have a bunch of unsigned, custom programs, you can add them as exceptions (make sure to add both the files and the processes/executables as exceptions) and let BullGuard trully protect your computer.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, May 20, 2019, 2:41 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,721 posts in 13,613 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,483 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, johnnydel.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.