Internet issues with Bullguard

Posted 11/13/2017 2:01 PM

PhoniDunedain Member

Date Joined Nov 2017
Total Posts: 1
Hi,

I recently noticed the introduction of a "home network scanner" to my bullguard software and since its induction my internet connection has slowed to a near complete standstill. I tried experimenting today to see if whether turning off the home network scanner would improve my connection speed via playing Elder Scrolls Online - which it did. I tried turning the scanner back on while ingame and the ping jumped frorm 113 to 703 in a matter of seconds and remained at 500-700 throughout the period that it was turned on. I turned off again and the same thing happened the ping dropped to a more manageable 93 - 100 almost as soon as I switched back to the game. 

I am just wondering if this is a common issue with the latest update as while I have had issues with the internet in the past it's never been as bad as it is now. 
Posted 11/17/2017 10:21 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 838
Hello and welcome to our forum!

We do not have reports of this kind of behavior. The network scanner does not monitor your network if you don't want it to, so try to ignore your own network and see if you have any more problems. If this fixes the issue, please contact support directly so we can take your logs and analyze this.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 8:15 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,838 posts in 13,651 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,583 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, TalonsFate.
There are currently no users on-line.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.