No Green Ticks

Posted 7/31/2020 1:32 PM

Ev Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 4
I have Bullguard Premium Protection, and for a while now, I have had no green ticks showing when I browse on Chrome. To begin with, I thought it might just be cosmetic and it would be put right in some future Bullguard updates, but no. My Bullguard is up to date, my Windows is up to date and I'm at a loss as to why I see no ticks. I have restarted my PC in case any updates needed this too, but to no avail. I am quite concerned that Bullguard is not protecting my PC as it should whilst browsing and so, I downloaded a trial of Malwarebytes to check things out (after checking with previous posts that there would be no conflict with Bullguard). While browsing today, I clicked on a website and was warned that Malwarebytes had stopped access to it as it wanted to load a Trojan onto my PC - but not a single word of a warning from Bullguard. 

It's not always convenient to browse the internet with Bullguard's secure browser either as I can't access my gmail on it (I get the message, "This browser or app may not be secure" - possibly a javascript problem(?)) and there is no facility that allows a bookmark to be kept.

Can you tell me why the green ticks have gone and how I get them back, please?
Posted 7/31/2020 4:39 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 833
Hello Ev and welcome to our forum!

BullGuard and Malwarebytes  work well together but they can also conflict if you do not create exclusions properly. Please add all executable files from BullGuard into Malwarebytes exclusions list and vice-versa.

The correct displaying of the green ticks in the browser depend on a lot of factors, so it's best to troubleshoot with our 24/7 free support. However, in some niche scenarios, the green ticks are not allwed even after extensive troubleshooting and this has been reported to  be improved. However, even if the green ticks are not displayed in the browser, BullGuard will block malicious websites if you try to access them. Please note that the browser block from Malwarebytes may prevent BullGuard from working properly and vice-versa, so it's very important to disable Safe Browsing from one or the other. This happens because your browser received the block notice from both applications and only displays one. It cannot load both at the same time.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, August 9, 2020, 9:57 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,821 posts in 13,645 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,610 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Cristian.
There are currently no users on-line.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.