Cyber Week

Spectacular savings

Port Scans from external IPs

Posted 3/27/2018 12:53 AM

LeoEScott Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 9
In the last 2 weeks I have received 2 port scan alerts from Bullguard from external IP addresses.  When I looked up the owners, one was Google and the other was Verzon.  My concern is, I have a router with a firewall that doesn't have any more firmware updates, the last being in 2014.  Should I be worried that the port scans were getting through my hardware firewall?  On the Google instance I had a browser window opened to Google search in a background window, so I could understand that, but in the other instance I don't see how I had any connection to Verizon.

Do I need to purchase a new hardware firewall?

If so, any recommendations?
Posted 3/27/2018 10:26 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 840
I doubt you have anything to worry about. We currently have an issue with users that brwose with Firefox receiving port scan notifications. This is already being addressed by our technicians.

If you are not using Firefox, then it's best you contact our support team, to provide them with the logs and let them investigate whether there is any extra step you need to take.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 3/27/2018 10:19 PM

LeoEScott Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 9
Thanks.  I have been using Firefox.
Posted 3/29/2018 3:57 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 840
Please restart your computer 2 times, with 5 minutes in between each restart. This will ensure that the updates are applied and that services restart properly afterwards.

After the second restart, open BullGuard and check if you have version 18.0.347.8.

If you receive any more attack notifications after this please, go to this location: My Computer/Computer/This PC -> Local Disk C: ->Program Files -> BullGuard Ltd ->BullGuard -> Support and double click the CollectLogs.bat from the Support folder in order to execute it;

This will create a BullGuard Logs.7z file on your desktop. Attach this file to and e-mail to support@bullguard.com, with a short description message, and we will advise further.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 11:38 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,838 posts in 13,653 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,588 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, PatrickW.
There are currently no users on-line.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.