Windows 11 Compatibility / Known Issues?

Posted 10/16/2021 8:25 PM

EventHorizon Member

Date Joined Oct 2021
Total Posts: 1
Anyone else running Windows 11 with Bullguard and having issues? I am a Windows Insider, and have been running it for some time on several of my machines. I have, however, left Bullguard off of those machines as I did not feel it was fair to run the product on a yet-to-be released operating system. Now that Windows 11 is live, I have updated several of my prod systems including my gaming machine. While at first I thought everything seemed to be going swimmingly, however as I have gone into normal usage patterns I have started to feel the pain. My primary question is, what is the level of support for Windows 11 from Bullguard and its various sub-components? Are there known issues/spots to be avoided for now? General AV seems to be working, however I have noticed BG questioning a LOT more via the heuristics/behavioral detection engine with false positives and quaranteen making firs-run workflow exceedingly painful (especialy in VR as I have to take off the headset to go look at the physical screen to see that BG is in fact the reason I am sitting in darkness). I have also firmly  defined a pattern of absolute soul-crushing-beat-down-forced-to-hard-reset-machine basically EVERY time Gameboost tries get involved in a gaminmg session. I am on a top-end rig with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA 3090, and it's rare that I have anything take my system into such a level of infinite loop and apparent system interrupts that I cannot even shut it down or manage process'. I would appreciate some guidance here regarding some best practices regarding continued use of BG while in a Windows 11 environment to minimize frustration and avoid my having to uninstall it from my Windows 11 boxes.
Posted 10/19/2021 5:19 PM

TechnoNerd Valued member

Date Joined Feb 2021
Total Posts: 13
Running Bullguard Premium 21.0.391.4 with Windows 11 Pro 22000.258 on 3 laptops for a couple of weeks now.

No issues whatsoever.
Posted 10/28/2021 5:35 AM

TechnoNerd Valued member

Date Joined Feb 2021
Total Posts: 13
@ EventHorizon

More specific to your concens, one of the laptops is an Alienware Area51m, i9-9900k CPU, Nvidia RTX 2070, 32GB RAM.

Like I said, no issues with Win 11, applications and games running normally.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, December 4, 2021, 8:38 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,939 posts in 13,683 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,657 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, hydrazoan.
141 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.

Just a minute

Privacy has never been so important.

Nearly 50% of online users are now using a VPN to protect their privacy.

Find out why

…and if it grabs you bag yourself a VPN bargain.