Windows 7 Action centre alerts

Posted 4/20/2019 8:26 AM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 22
Message 1 reads "Bullguard antivirus reports that it is turned off " . Yet it is turned on according to the Bullguard programme it's self .It updates etc , the firewall seems to be logging activity If I view installed firewalls from Win 7 activity centre it says BG firewall is off , but windows firewall is on , but I beleive this is normal .

The other message reads . " Windows Defender & Bullguard Anti spyware both report they are turned off ".

I don't have windows defender as far as I know , or have never used it  and I run BG internet security 2019 and don't see an option to enable antispyware separately in the bullguard contros. I've reported this before but the topic was not listed so I never got an aswer to this . 
Posted 4/20/2019 8:20 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 801
The answer depends on your version of WIndows.

For Windows 10, version 1703 and later, Microsoft removed the old Security Center and introduced the Windows Defender Security Center.

For previous versions of Windows, the Security Center had been reported to be out of sync. There are a few workarounds for this which you can get from our Support Team, which I recommend, because they may also be able to tell you why it went out of sync (the most common case we see is on computers which did not have a fresh Windows reinstall for a while and had multiple security products on them).

BullGuard is compatible with both and is designed to report the correct status.

If BullGuard is not reporting issues, then you can ignore the Windows Security Center, but I don't advise it. We have been a Microsoft Gold Partner for a long time (currently not, but work in progress) and this means our product is built with respect for the system and in real harmony with it.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, November 18, 2019, 9:58 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,740 posts in 13,621 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,538 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BrianE.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.