BG Mobile Security MSM: locate and Stream alert

Posted 9/13/2017 2:18 PM

MaxSlo Valued member

Date Joined Jul 2017
Total Posts: 10
Hello everyone! How are You? :)

Please, can I have 2 simple questions? 

I'm talking about BullGuard Mobile Security 14.0.9.155 -Free Version-, running an Android 5.1.

All is perfect, I like exactly as per Desktop version: it is light to run and simple to use. 

Trying to use Mobile Security Manager, all seems to works good (execpt for the pay functions, of course).

But:

If I try to 'Locate' the device or try to send a Stream Command, events are properly logged in MSM but nothing happens: no alert sound start on the device, no location appears (I'm wait 5 minutes as per instructions).

Device is properly connected via WiFi and GPS is ON. 

There is some kind of limitation using Android 5.1?

Maybe using Opera browser something does not work properly? 

Thaaaaaaank You! 

Ciao! :)
Posted 9/27/2017 10:01 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 808
Hello and welcome!

I am very glad to hear you like our products!

Please make sure you have Antitheft enabled on the device.

Also, newer versions of Android try to save battery life and need to be told specifically to allow applications to run in the background (in your Android Settings you have either a "Protected apps" section under "Power settings" or you have to uncheck it from "Monitored apps" under "Battery Optimisation" if I am not mistaken.

Let me know if you continue to have issues with it. If so, please provide me with your device Brand and Model as well.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, December 16, 2019, 6:32 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,754 posts in 13,626 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,556 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, aniaaa.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.